Author Topic: Stern Release new AC/DC model "LUCI"  (Read 871 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern Release new AC/DC model "LUCI"
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
Does nothing for me, looks very tacky indeed.
Is this the stern equivalent of ruby red woz?
Might as well keep churning out different versions of the same game if the demand is there but where does it end?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
but where does it end?

That is it!  What is really a LE now? With so many different versions coming out?
It will actually do them harm if they keep it up, as people won't bother rushing out to buy an LE at intial release when they can wait to see reviews on gameplay knowing they will be able to get a different edition in the future.

I do like the artwork though, love the cartoon style, back to the pinball artwork of the past  *%*

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »
Not a fan..... either rehash the works or not at all. Looks more like an after thought on the playfield. The cab is ok but not vibrant like Metallica artwork or is lacking in something for me. Dunno what exactly but its a girl with tits on a red background. Maybe someone with a similar view point could explain it better.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:01:18 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50:37 PM »
Not a fan..... either rehash the works or not at all. Looks more like an after thought on the playfield. The cab is ok but not vibrant like Metallica artwork or is lacking in something for me. Dunno what exactly but its a girl with tits on a red background. Maybe someone with a similar view point could explain it better.

Better than a girl without tits...

Offline Gorgonzola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:03 PM »
...Might as well keep churning out different versions of the same game if the demand is there but where does it end?

This part doesn't bother me at all. I will never buy anything "limited edition" (pinball or otherwise) unless it actually has some benefit that I personally feel justifies the price hike. For me being able to say "I have one and you don't" just doesn't cut it. I need to see something more substantial; whether it be something that adds significantly to the gameplay or simply something that I think looks way cooler.

Some people are prepared to pay huge sums of money to be able to say "I have one and you don't". It's these people who create the incentive for the manufacturers to keep pushing more and more models out until the reason they bought theirs doesn't exist anymore. Unfortunately the ones that lose out the most due to this are the people who bought the LE because they genuinely wanted all of the extra features for their own enjoyment but have to pay an inflated price because of the aforementioned buyers.

It'll get to a point like cars these days where 'limited edition' is actually dealer speak for 'left over parts that we've sprayed a different colour and slapped onto the vehicle at an inflated price and then added a XXX/500 sticker on to give you the illusion of owner something rare'.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:05 AM »
I'm happy with a company like Stern making a Limited Edition for the people that want a collectible numbered machine. I'm happy with Stern churning out however many Premiums they see fit (they're not numbered and don't come with a certificate). I'm happy that Stern release a more affordable Pro model. What I disagree with is that the Pro version is a playfield with less toys/features than the other models. I think they should just focus on one game and make the Premium and LE machines with more bling. The only hurdle here is that they can't charge $2000 extra for a Premium machine if the Pro had the same playfield.

With the popularity of pinball increasing in recent times and more competition appearing, I think it is crucial for Stern to keep their Pro model machines the most affordable pinball machine on the market for the best value. I'm a big fan of the Pro version and have several in my collection, but sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on some features. A spinner on my Metallica Pro was too costly to include in the Pro model compared to the Premium and LE?

As for the "Luci", do I like it? Most definitely. Is it really worth an extra $3000 on top of what my AC/DC Pro was worth? Not so much.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
I'm happy with a company like Stern making a Limited Edition for the people that want a collectible numbered machine. I'm happy with Stern churning out however many Premiums they see fit (they're not numbered and don't come with a certificate). I'm happy that Stern release a more affordable Pro model. What I disagree with is that the Pro version is a playfield with less toys/features than the other models. I think they should just focus on one game and make the Premium and LE machines with more bling. The only hurdle here is that they can't charge $2000 extra for a Premium machine if the Pro had the same playfield.

With the popularity of pinball increasing in recent times and more competition appearing, I think it is crucial for Stern to keep their Pro model machines the most affordable pinball machine on the market for the best value. I'm a big fan of the Pro version and have several in my collection, but sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on some features. A spinner on my Metallica Pro was too costly to include in the Pro model compared to the Premium and LE?

As for the "Luci", do I like it? Most definitely. Is it really worth an extra $3000 on top of what my AC/DC Pro was worth? Not so much.

good point
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

good point

agree as well, and with having different models also means more programming and more work so not smart.  maybe on the premiums and le's different looking toys and trim but game rules and functions should be standard……

I think they will see a drop in sales if the prices keep coming and their is speculation that the Star Treks are not as high as other recent machines - but that is just speculation
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
maybe on the premiums and le's different looking toys and trim but game rules and functions should be standard……

I agree, Scoring assemblies like spinners should be on all the models of a particular machine.

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »
I like it, the Artwork suits the theme.

The use of "limited" as a selling point has haunted the comic industry for years. Sure they print 100,000 copies of a given issues and then the variants covers are supplied as a 1 in 4 or 1 in 25 which then boost the price of the variants. some making the normal issue. Then limited releases for conventions etc... That doesn't even look in to the number they have a,b,c and even d covers with different artists doing the cover work. Internals are the same.

If the playfield is different it is probably worth it. If you can get the build numbers then compare to the other variations make a choice on the value or appeal for resale/percieved value.

On the other hand see how it it plays,
If you like how it looks,
or simply if you love it..... buy it.

More machines make more choices, makes for a better hobby.

Simon.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
I have to admit Luci is growing on me!

I showed the missus last night expecting a slap around the head and even she agreed it looks better than the standard premium.

Looks like i will end up with Luci, when money permits of course. #@#
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:38:16 PM by Cursed »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »
I like Luci over the standard premium the first thing I did with my premium was source a pro translight who wants to look at a sweaty 50 year old angus in nothing but Red tones.

At least the Pro was in color and he had a uniform on.

Ill probably get a Luci translight just for the option but still think the pro translights the best

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Apparently, a lot of people with Pros are buying the Luci model.

I reckon it looks excellent. Sure lights up a games room with those beaut colours. I want one, but room is not a option yet.

Good on Stern for bringing out different toys for all the boys. Just gives heaps of choice, which is excellent in the pinball industry.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE