Author Topic: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang  (Read 4252 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
From what Luke said on another forum he's getting out of operating as we all know there's no money in it, he bought new games in so Aussies could play new sterns and even the new WOZ which was very good of him. He's keeping his collection but not operating.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2014, 08:41:25 AM »
From what Luke said on another forum he's getting out of operating as we all know there's no money in it, he bought new games in so Aussies could play new sterns and even the new WOZ which was very good of him. He's keeping his collection but not operating.

thanks for that explains it, still amazed that he sells them so quickly. He told me once that he makes alot more money from the claw machines...
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
New Stern pinball announced - Mustang
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »

thanks for that explains it, still amazed that he sells them so quickly. He told me once that he makes alot more money from the claw machines...

Yes those claw machines are a gold mine I'm told

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

I have no idea what people see in those things, they rarely payout and when they do it's only crap anyway. I can only imagine that it's kids nagging there parents that feed these machines.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2014, 12:02:29 PM »

I have no idea what people see in those things, they rarely payout and when they do it's only crap anyway. I can only imagine that it's kids nagging there parents that feed these machines.

The claw machines are a child's introduction to gambling.

Mustang is another fizzer for Stern.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Online pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »

Yes nagging kids I'd say to lol spend $20 for $2 worth of chocolates or a crappy stuffed doll worth $1 what a gold mine but there probably more reliable than an old clunker

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »

Yes nagging kids I'd say to lol spend $20 for $2 worth of chocolates or a crappy stuffed doll worth $1 what a gold mine but there probably more reliable than an old clunker

That's the problem with pinballs and the next generation. There is no reward in a pinball machine (either real or perceived) to an eight to twelve year old child.

Does anyone know if there are any sited pins in Aus with ticket dispensers attached to them like AMD supply?

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any sited pins in Aus with ticket dispensers attached to them like AMD supply?

Dreamworld (I think, it was one of the worlds) at the Gold Coast had one on the ACDC pinball they had in their amusement centre when we were there last year
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:47:04 PM by tonyt »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
Played the mustang today that luke has for sale, very nice pin - but a bloody led popped out from the lhs lane guide and then proceeded to block the ball loading mech, then went into error. Turned the machine off and gave a wiggle and hoped when I rebooted that I could still collect my other credits - which I could. It does look nice, very well lit unlike WOZ. In four games I never once got a ramp shot as this is the one feature I didn't like as the 2 ramps are accessed via the lhs orbit and the 2 flaps are held up until you achieve a goal then one ramp is awarded but you have to achieve it before you lose a ball and then resets to no ramps. I never had a hope of the 2 ramp flap dropping - I think?

Like AC/DC you select a mode at the start of a ball and a certain song starts, the dots look good of what I saw and the horse neigh only occurs on one target (that I could tell) and really is a trot noise not a neigh now. Overall I didn't mind it as I like car stuff but don't a burning desire to buy one at $7k, $4-$4.5k yeah maybe if I had room and heap of cash as it just seems like a general fun easy playing game. Behind the car is a 4th pop bumper so doubt you can pass through on the premium or le ???, but they are roll over drop targets with 2 static targets to hit behind that but they do rebound the ball back down the drain - so a risky shot. The skills shot is a simple one but have to judge the plunger strength accurately - as it is a gate just before the top lane guides. I liked the different angle of the top lane guide, sort had that V block feeling.

Overall not enough to rate as a lemon but if your not a hardcore ford / mustang fan hard to spend the big dollars on this pin without a heap of games first. Glad I tried and look forward to another few games in the future - not sure where once luke sells this.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:54:56 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Cheers for review Jady it's nice to hear from someone that's actually played one not from a stern hater :-) I hope to find one to play all I can find is clapped out clunkers ops don't look after.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
just a cheap blatent cash grab for the 50th year of ford mustang.fools and there money are easily parted.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »
played it. loved it. will buy the PRO.

several others I took with me all loved it as well.
I don't buy every Stern, but this one ticked all the boxes.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »
just a cheap blatent cash grab for the 50th year of ford mustang.fools and there money are easily parted.

couldn't agree more...I have played it and it is a very large POS indeed.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
does anyone know what the 4 or 8 songs are yet?
I love my Beach Boys and would love to here them on a pinball, so many good car songs.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.