Author Topic: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang  (Read 4411 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
does anyone know what the 4 or 8 songs are yet?
I love my Beach Boys and would love to here them on a pinball, so many good car songs.

Agree with you on the Beach Boys, but no beach boys but a Jan & Dean

The pro has these
- Free Ride (by Edgar Winter)
- Ace of Spades (by Motorhead)
- Drag City (by Jan & Dean)
- Hey Ho Let's go (by The Ramones)

don't know what the other 4 songs are for the Premium and LE as yet.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2014, 11:01:40 AM »
Close but no cigar, someone must know the other 4 surely?
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
Aside from being lucky to find one on location where can you actually go to play the latest Stern's?

What I don't understand is that they want you to spend $6-$10K on a pinball but as far as I know there is no showroom here in Perth where I can actually go and see the game and play it first?  I wouldn't spend that money on a second hand car without seeing it in person and getting to test drive it, yet there doesn't seem to be that possibility with a new pinball??

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »
Same deal with Melbourne. Cashbox is the AMD distributor, but they don't have them in a showroom, as they operate them.

There is zero promotion in Melbourne. To play a new Stern it would be pot luck in a city location.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »
Aside from being lucky to find one on location where can you actually go to play the latest Stern's?

What I don't understand is that they want you to spend $6-$10K on a pinball but as far as I know there is no showroom here in Perth where I can actually go and see the game and play it first?  I wouldn't spend that money on a second hand car without seeing it in person and getting to test drive it, yet there doesn't seem to be that possibility with a new pinball??
oh yes there is and we meet tonight!
come on down. We meet in Bassendean PM if interested or ring JOE 0408 855 722
good atmosphere for us freaks!

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2014, 02:48:58 PM »
Can Joe Public just walk in off the street and check out the machines?

I have googled before and seen that "Kids Just Wanna Have Fun" amusement hire has the Stern distributorship in Perth, but when I street view their address this is what comes up:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31.921252,115.930106,3a,75y,136.89h,91.9t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sKqYa7TwBEeGoF5H-CgFOEQ!2e0

It looks just like a factory warehouse to me than a show room that you could drop into for a look and a play?

(Edit - not sure why that whole link isn't blue and clickable, it works if you copy and paste the whole address).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:51:14 PM by Slash »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
That's him and YES call Joe and he will make sure you are welcomed, come down tonight abou 6 and have some fun.
Andy

Offline Pinlinds

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
For anyone in Sydney  there is one at Coogee Diggers along with 10 other machines including a Star Trek Pro.

I've played the Mustang quite a bit and while I thought it was going to be a complete dog at first it has grown on me a bit and I'm hoping it will turn out to be a decent game in the longer term. It's fast enough, sounds aren't bad except the horse galloping (it seems a bit out of place despite the Mustang connection).
It's a bit like an older pin in that the playfield is quite open and not very cluttered. Some simple long clean shots too with a bit of a difference in that the top lanes have a V orientation and they include a fixed row of lamp (spinner moves them, so not totally fixed ) as well as a lane change row. It's got drop targets and I'm a sucker for drop targets! It's bright and colourful and the LEDs are vibrant.
I'm usually sold on a pinball within a game or two otherwise I tend to give it a skip from thereon out but this one is one of those rare ones that has slowly gone from dud to OK for me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »
Same deal with Melbourne. Cashbox is the AMD distributor, but they don't have them in a showroom, as they operate them.

There is zero promotion in Melbourne. To play a new Stern it would be pot luck in a city location.

This is why you SHOULD become a STERN Dealer.
How many people on this forum buy BNIB Sterns each year. I would say a good 50 plus.
At a grand $1,000 a pop profit, its a very easy way to make a grand. Its not like u couldnt fix the occassional loose globe holder or something. Not everyone wants ancient pinball machines.
5 minutes to sell a new Stern and make a grand, net ! , OR 25 hrs plus @ $40 labour to fix up a old nineties/70's machine, gross, minus costs. The sale of a new Stern would be a simple way to make money.
Its like alarm techs who dont do camera systems but only do alarms...they miss out on hundreds of sales per annum because they couldnt be bothered.

I would rather be a full service pinball professional versus a semi-service operator.

Profits dont talk, they swear loud n clear in every language. You are allowed to change your mind about Stern Nino. making money in business is what its all about.

How about you being the BEST STERN DEALER in Melb. It makes alot of sense and your contaners will run dry sooner or later. Stern is such an easy sell when u have 50 sales a year already lined up from AP members to start with. Think abnout it with a open mind before you condemn the idea.

$$$ is $$$. In this economy, I would take all the easy $1,000 profits in a heartbeat, not to mention spares and mods u can charge for.

Brett
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »
Not to stir the pot but maybe Cavey you can be a distributor for Qld then a few states have it covered, Heighway is also looking for a distributor and possibly even Spooky.

You would be perfect for the job  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
That's him and YES call Joe and he will make sure you are welcomed, come down tonight abou 6 and have some fun.
Andy

From what I hear Joe's events are great fun and he is great to deal with for NIB Sterns..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
Not to stir the pot but maybe Cavey you can be a distributor for Qld then a few states have it covered, Heighway is also looking for a distributor and possibly even Spooky.

You would be perfect for the job  ^^^

Once i get past my Family Law Crapola, I would love to fly the Stern/AMD Flag as a dealer.
I would secure premises to fit my fifty DMD machines (play only) and sell BNIB or Demo Sterns, no problems at all.
I certainly believe 100 percent in the product and the people behind it like Bruce/AMD and all the great guys at Stern incl Gary Stern.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »

This is why you SHOULD become a STERN Dealer.
How many people on this forum buy BNIB Sterns each year. I would say a good 50 plus.
At a grand $1,000 a pop profit, its a very easy way to make a grand. Its not like u couldnt fix the occassional loose globe holder or something. Not everyone wants ancient pinball machines.
5 minutes to sell a new Stern and make a grand, net ! , OR 25 hrs plus @ $40 labour to fix up a old nineties/70's machine, gross, minus costs. The sale of a new Stern would be a simple way to make money.
Its like alarm techs who dont do camera systems but only do alarms...they miss out on hundreds of sales per annum because they couldnt be bothered.

I would rather be a full service pinball professional versus a semi-service operator.

Profits dont talk, they swear loud n clear in every language. You are allowed to change your mind about Stern Nino. making money in business is what its all about.

How about you being the BEST STERN DEALER in Melb. It makes alot of sense and your contaners will run dry sooner or later. Stern is such an easy sell when u have 50 sales a year already lined up from AP members to start with. Think abnout it with a open mind before you condemn the idea.

$$$ is $$$. In this economy, I would take all the easy $1,000 profits in a heartbeat, not to mention spares and mods u can charge for.

Brett

Already gone down that path. I'm afraid it is nowhere near as easy as you explain it.

I don't source or stock late model Sterns as the demand is nowhere near 70's, 80's, 90's etc. If owning a dealership was as profitable as you think it is, why isn't everyone doing it ? I know I'd go broke VERY quickly with calls out and warranty work AND I would not be able to claim charge backs on ANYTHING.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
Strangeways is right, the local State to State demand just isn't there to warrant it.

That's why Cashbox and even now KJWHF have taken to ebay to advertise to a national market.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
Disagree. Hundreds of new Sterns get SOLD every year in Australia. People are making money on selling BNIB Sterns. I know the $ numbers. Very profitable.
In fact, Alot more profitable than pulling a tired old machine apart and spending 40 to 80 plus hours on it minus gross costs to get a few grand total.
A 5 minute STERN sale is worth a grand. Maths is maths. But the non believers can keep their calculators and I will keep mine.

Also, u are going to get callouts on your own work from time to time as well with much older machines wearing themselves in.
So that argument is null n void from where I stand. Anyway. Lets see what happens in 12 months or 24 months and who is making the dollars.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:38:44 PM by Caveoftreasures »