Author Topic: do you know there are 14 different pinballs being currently designed & made  (Read 294 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
With Dutch Pinball launching their announcement of making pins this morning made me think how many pins are currently being designed and made (that we know about) with orders being taken.

Answer that I have worked out is 10 pinball companies,  14 games from 4 different countries (USA, Holland, UK and Australia). Things are looking up but instead of prices coming down almost everyone is matching high prices so not so good for us - the home buyer.

These are the games that I worked out, and we know in this period Stern will do a few more that we are currently unaware of in the next 18 months (in no particular order).

1. Stern - Mustang
2. JJP - Hobbit
3. Spooky - America's Most Haunted (Ben Heck's game)
4. Spooky - Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave
5. Skit- B Pinball - Predator
6. Heighway Pinball- Full Throttle
7. Homepin - Thunderbirds
8. PPS - Medieval Madness Remake
9. Dutch Pinball - The Big Lebowski
10. JPop - Magic Girl
11. JPop - Retro Atomic Zombie Adventure
12. JPop - Alice in Wonderland
13. P3 - Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl
14. P3 - Cosmic Cart Racing

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:23:05 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
swinks post needs to be a sticky.  ^^^

swinks, do you know if that Captain Nemo pinball is still going ahead? Spanish company from memory? Had a LCD screen in the playfield I think?

Any chance you could post a retail AU price next to each (for those available) and their respective scheduled completion dates?

A lot of people looking to ride the pinball wave in the interim.......but is this the high water mark right now?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:47:49 AM by pinsanity »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Quite amazing. I suspect some of these may not see completion, and others will end up at best one offs, but the level of interest in making games really shows the resurgence we are finding occurring in pinball.

Great time for pinball!!

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Then there are two 'not pronounced dead yet'
KingPin and CPRs Lost Vegas conversion kit

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

KingPin .....

I think this can safely be considered not just dead but buried under a pile of debt. A game I'd love, but will need to see the rights with someone that has some cash before it might be resurrected.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

KingPin .....

I think this can safely be considered not just dead but buried under a pile of debt. A game I'd love, but will need to see the rights with someone that has some cash before it might be resurrected.

Maybe you will get one for your 60th?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Maybe you will get one for your 60th?

I'll send you my wife's email addy, maybe you can suggest that to her?  &&

Offline PinballMagazine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Funny. After the Dutch Pinball announcement I put a list of active pinball manufacturing companies up on the Pinball Magazine website. With so much companies taking a swing this is an exciting time :) Now let's just hope they make it, or combine forces and deliver some great new games.
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com