Author Topic: Pinmame/ Visual pinball  (Read 11965 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Pinmame/ Visual pinball
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:51:32 PM »
Hi guys. I have been into pinball sim for along time on my pc. Just got hold of a pinmame cab from ebay for under the cost of an empty pinball cab painted a dreadful orange. Used to be a bride of the pinbot cab. Already has a tv installed in it with buttons and a shooter, new lockdown bar and side rails and a few cables for pc connection.

What I was hoping for was some advice and guidance from anyone who may have built one. First I need to get rid of the dreadful orange off the cab and headbox and the overspray from the legs. A coin door and art work. Then off to the Caribbean market for a pc that can handle a dual vid card.   

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Pinmame/ Visual pinball
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
cool I want to do one of these one day and saw that on ebay and was interested…..

not sure how far they got but look up iPac device for linking buttons to the PC
http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html

there is a forum dedicated to pinball emulation which would be able to help heaps as there are different ways to go with base software.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
There is a local guy near me in croydon that has the iipac and related stuff. Bought from him before when I built my arcade machine.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:42 PM »
Ok got it home and yep it Needs lots of work. Will need to take the screen out and do some work on the cab then give it an all over respray, then decide what the theme will be for it. Then tackle the electrics

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
here is a cool one

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

for pinball t-shirts

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 12:11:45 AM »
Yes I need a pair of williams side rails and a back rail and a speaker panel.

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
Hi Rustalan
 there is a company in Melbourne  Ozstick    If you need help check them out    hes name is Chris   

Good luck with your project        Ill keep a watch on it        Ian

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Hi Rustalan
 On a/arcade stuza has a lot of different art work .   its free for members to use and its very impresive    Aperantly you can down load the file and take it to your sign writter and go from there   

With my superpin Im about to down load the getting started file of VP forums   and I would like to use pinball FX as my menu system    Hope fully I do this over Easter     

Howzat   

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 01:48:24 AM »
Rustalan - PM me and you can come over and have a look at all my gear. Virtual Pinball is what I do ;)

Anything you need, I've probably already got it in stock (although cheap coins doors are starting to dry up, unless you don't mind it having a C220 harness).

I'll be away on Friday and Saturday as I'm delivering one of my machine to NSW but if you have time tomorrow or Thursday you can see it before it goes, or from Sunday onwards you can see my next build as a work-in-progress.

Currently trying to figure out exactly which screens to use this time around...

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »
hey soundasleep, what hertz monitors are you running 50, 60 or 100hertz and does the 100 make a noticeable difference?

for pinball t-shirts

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »
The Samsung panels in my current cab are 100hz and look stunning. Having said the previous cab used a cheap Aldi display (50/60hz) and although the colors weren't as impressive the gameplay was fine.

Like TVs in general I think you just get used to what you have. Looking at cheaper monitors this time around to keep the build cost down.

Marty Machine

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
Attention shoppers....

Make sure when choosing a large flatscreen display that you can actually view it FROM A SIDE ANGLE and still have full colour rendition.
Many lcd/plasma displays become purple or black when viewed from a side angle, and since you're gonne basically ALWAYS gonna be viewing the screen from a die-angle (as a playfield), you really need to make sure you buy a display that can hack it.

These days, LED screens have rich colours and offer very wide viewing/angles.....bare this in mind.

MM

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
Agreed. You'll looking a panel with a viewing angle of 178 degrees - not 88 like the cheaper ones.

Also IMO stay away from Plasma. They don't like being laid flat and they produce a LOT more heat. LCD/LED is cheap enough these days that it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »
Here's a sneak peek of something i'm building...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:57:26 PM by Sinbad79 »