Author Topic: is this good buying - just curious  (Read 204 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
is this good buying - just curious
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »
I saw this just tonight as it is reasonably local and actually heading down to close to there tomorrow.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THE-SIMPSONS-PINBALL-MACHINE-GOOD-WORKING-ORDER-/151206228980?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item233497f3f4&_uhb=1

it's a data east Simpsons - with a post added and wear between the flippers.

Be honest, good game at the right price, what is the right price etc

The other info that makes this more enticing at the right price is that I know where there is a NOS playfield that just needs a clearcoat in the US for $400 USD

If you could get the above playfield what is this game worth on this listing.

What I am after is a pin to play, then fix and rebuild and then sell in a better condition.

please share your thoughts,
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Re: is this good buying - just curious
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:04 PM »
I sold mine quite a few years ago for around $2K. Was exceptionally clean and virtually no wear.   There was a tiny bit under spinner but they all have that...
I think at that price is already at what it's max would be.
Is an ok game but more for Simpson's fans rather than pinball person.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Re: is this good buying - just curious
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »
I sold mine quite a few years ago for around $2K. Was exceptionally clean and virtually no wear.   There was a tiny bit under spinner but they all have that...
I think at that price is already at what it's max would be.
Is an ok game but more for Simpson's fans rather than pinball person.

thanks for your thoughts so if I were to go for this and get the NOS playfield you would want to get this for $1400 - $1500 at the most….
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: is this good buying - just curious
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
Love my Simpsons DE! My first grail pin (yes, there have been more grail pins added to my list after it).

I reckon around $3500 max for a NOS playfield and completely shopped out machine sold to a Simpsons fan? It's a popular themed machine, but it seems lately that demand may be slipping for this title and average ones seem to sit on eBay. When I was looking for one it seemed to be a rarity.

I'm basing my price on another popular themed Data East, Star Wars. Good ones seem to be getting around $3400 on eBay of late.

As MartyJ said, the current price of that machine may be maxed out for people in pinball circles, but I think there still might be that Simpsons collector out there who will pay for something nice. Depends how quickly you want to sell it?

Cheers!
Adam.