Author Topic: Pinball Level - Dedicated 5 Playfield Angles  (Read 3037 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Pinball Level - Dedicated 5 Playfield Angles
« on: January 16, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »
Well I have invented another new pinball product and have gone through a few proto-types but this is dam close to working well.

I know with technology you can get digital levels or use you phone or iPad but it is a bit of pain and I really wanted to prove to myself an idea I had in my head.

So my idea has 2 spirit levels one for side to side level check and the other is for dedicated pitch for 5 different settings suitable from SS to DMD I am thinking - 5 degrees to 7 degrees with 0.5 degree increments. I could do a EM to SS version with 3 degrees to 5 degrees so both wheels overlap at 5 degrees.

Simply place the wheels with the desired pitch on the playfield between the slingshots and the nose going up the playfield. Then level your machine and all that is needed is a quick glance up to see if it level in both directions.

Only bummer is that with parts and printing time at around 2.5 hours the best price I could do these at is $60 with one set of wheels so it might ever be as a bit on the rich side and my goal was $30 but I would be giving my time away and just can't afford to do that.

The last image shows the proposed playfield at 6.5 degrees and the goal is to level the pitch bubble.

Curious on peoples thoughts but at least I had a go.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:11:34 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Pinball Level - Dedicated 5 Playfield Angles
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Neat idea the wheels, but you're right about the price being a turn off. Sorry but being honest 
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:56:16 PM »
Agree - wicked idea Jady, but i think price is prob too high for most people.

11/10 though for ingenuity!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:10:09 PM »
Look jady its time you had a talk to Mr stern and get yourself a job with him. You come up with some nice ideas. Maybe pack up the family and spend some time with him  *%*

I reckon you could make game designer's dreams come true and more so probably bullet proof in no time. Maybe mike needs a mech designer.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:22:36 AM »
thanks guys, I knew once I was making it that it hit a point of out of reach,

Actually I have been offered a job at Heighway Pinball but my mother in law is terminally ill so no moving at the moment as my wife wants to get as much time as possible.

I just had my first paypal claim for a large order - and it was the German postal service that decided to not track goods once landed

- the way I am feeling with things going pear shaped - ready to chuck it in - over and out
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »
If you sent it trackable at this end then once it reaches the shores of another country it will no longer be trackable.. Aus post has never been able to do this and now it offers no tracking at all on international items. Problem is not with the german postal service.. its is the shortfall of the Australian. I can still order from USA and have it tracked right to my door and follow online... this is not possible with Aus Post.
Ive had the same problems with stencils... big delays once on foreign soil but all have reached their destination.. it just took time that's all.
Chances are that your parcel will arrive.. in the meantime Paypal will freeze your account and it is up to you to prove that the parcel arrived. you can ONLY do this if the recipient tells Paypal it arrived.. no other way. When Paypal did this to me and took all my funds I had a digital signed receipt to prove it had arrived.. didn't matter a shot unless the recipient actually tells them.
Paypal allows for buyers to rip off sellers.. you have no way at all to prove you are not ripping people off.. this is why Mike hates Paypal and its for good reason.
Only option you have in the future is to send DHL or similar trackable service... never leave money in your Paypal account.. that way they can never take all your funds, or avoid Paypal altogether and use Western Union etc.
Chin up mate.. what you are doing is great but Aus Post and Paypal will leave you hanging out to dry..