Author Topic: Classic Arcades have made limited pop caps - Firepower, Gorgar and Flash  (Read 1761 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I got mine too.......

Bad quality printing, but nice and white.....

But - the "O" in Firepower is upsidedown!!  ^.^

Not a joke (being the shape could normally be reversed) - this "computer style" digit has a thick bit supposed to be on the bottom left, which is on the top right.

So much for quality control by Planetary Pinball - hope their Medieval Frankenremake has better QC.......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW

I got mine too.......

Bad quality printing, but nice and white.....

But - the "O" in Firepower is upsidedown!!  ^.^

Damn Nick , I hadn't noticed that ! Now I am peed off that I shelled out and bought them .. wasn't going to .  ^.^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Got my Flash today. The repro is OK but not 100%.
The F is effed, the angle is slightly different and the whole print is not as stretched as the original.
The red is much lighter and the paint is not raised like on original. A blind man could read the original by touch but not the repro.
I will leave the originals on my Flash and have these as spares.

The photos show the original on the right.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
That looks a bit rough , imo i would use the old one's, with all the modern tech! , If you can buy plain white caps then make your own stickers to suit. there must be a nice image of the artwork around
One-Ball!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
That looks a bit rough , imo i would use the old one's, with all the modern tech! , If you can buy plain white caps then make your own stickers to suit. there must be a nice image of the artwork around

+1, i think the original in that pic really isn't that bad. i would just keep and use the originals if they all looked the same as that  *%*
The original caps on my Flash still look pretty good, though i nearly bought a set of these when i first saw this thread. Glad i didn't waste my money now after seeing how far off these new ones are!

I'll keep my original caps me thinks  *%* *%*
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:58:45 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Not only is the artwork wrong for both Flash and Firepower caps (keen to see any others) , but why not use the correct Red ink (or at least a red that is a lot closer to original) . Its called attention to detail .

Doubt I will buy anything from Classic Arcades again
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:16:16 AM by goodolddays »
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Has Jeff now sold the business?
I went to the site last night and it's different.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
They are not "reproduction" nor are they "copies".. they can only be described as " similar in design". They look cheaply done from the pics.. a non pinhead wouldn't know, but the targeted market certainly does.
Are these sanctioned by PPS?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

They are PPS approved, the owner of that business piped in on pinside defending them......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Spot the Difference Competition

Mystery Prize to the first person to list the top twelve differences.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

They are PPS approved, the owner of that business piped in on pinside defending them......

The approval by PPS means absolutely nothing.. its not an approval of authenticity or quality it just means they let someone make it... Do not be fooled for one minute that it means" faithful to original".. for that you will have to find another supplier

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
I'll throw my 2c in, I bought a couple of sets of drop targets recently and they aren't anywhere near as good as previous sets for the same games that I have purchased off him.  The latest versions aren't as white and the don't appear to be hot stamped, just look to be printed as there is no indentation.  Very disappointing.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
sorry guys I let you all know these were available but since I don't own these I did not see the differences but you would think that Planetary are in on it that it would be spot on.

I bought a decal and protector plastics (for a CFTBL) off this ebay classic arcade that is making the caps and when they arrived about a week ago, the decal was poor in design and wrong colours and the protective plastics odd shaped, basically were crap and I just filed a claim and unfortunately had to pay for the postage to send back but got the rest of my money back - won't promote this maker again - crap quality on many items. He didn't like it but doesn't have a choice - only way to teach him if you don't like send it back as he accepts refunds.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
It will be interesting to see the PPS quality approval holograms plastered all over the new Bally MM's that are to be released in the next few months..... #@#

Love those ink smudges on the caps.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:25:46 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
It will be interesting to see the PPS quality approval holograms plastered all over the new Bally MM's that are to be released in the next few months..... #@#

Love those ink smudges on the caps.

PPS bought the BALLY/WILLIAMS rights. Now they have them, its up to them what they do with them. The PPS stamp of quality is a mark that PPS alone set the standard of.. there are many PPS approved items on sale that PPS don't own the rights to or even have permission to sanction manufacture of.
Many of  the patents that PPS own have or are about to expire and so my guess is that youll see a lot more lesser quality items up for sale to keep the $$'s rolling in.
Just because PPS say its so doesn't mean it is