Author Topic: Williams drop target "Horseshoe" wiper contacts - a step closer!  (Read 12332 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Mike, I think there is better luck making or finding horseshoes out there. 70s machines need to stay in their era. You are on a definite winner.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I'll let you tell him - I don't go to Pinside.

Yes I have seen that thread previously. I went ahead with these because there are many people who would NEVER modify their machine even if he made a professional kit that replaced the wipers and it proved reliable.

Most people just want replacement "bolt in" parts to fix their machine with the minimum of fuss from what I have seen???

&feature=youtu.be

says "invalid link" for me but maybe it will work??

Theres a thread on Pinside regarding having these made using micro switches.. seems the guy is experiencing a few difficulties getting the product reliable... might be a good opportunity to introduce these Mike? Demand worldwide would be pretty huge id say..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-for-those-sliding-horseshoe-contacts-in-williams-drop-targets

Totally agree .. my thoughts were that no doubt the guy would stop trying if he knew that these were to become available.. would certainly save him a lot of frustration

OK.. ill post about these, and yes, fully understand why you don't go to pinside but there are those who vouch for you

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I can now TRULY say that I fully understand why these parts have never been reproduced by anyone else! There is so much more to making them that I could have ever imagined.....

The final bending die was finished today so I scooted down the road and picked up the die and machine and set it all up. We have run off the first few hundred pieces and cleaned them up and packed them.

I will get them up on the website shortly for those interested.

Here is the die set up in the machine and running out the first few parts:

Washing the parts to remove any grease and fingerprints in a 'green' solution of vinegar, lemon juice and salt

Drying and final QC to ensure all contacts are riveted in place, the bend is in the correct direction and that the right number of parts are going into the package as marked on the box.

[video=youtube;QoVrtaa26Ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoVrtaa26Ks&feature=youtu.be[/video]

youtube video of the final step....

&feature=youtu.be

It has been a very long journey getting these parts finally ready for use but I really hope that they help many machines have a new lease on life with fully working drop targets.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
That's unreal.. bent into shape one by one. Mike I think that if we knew the amount of work involved in making some parts we would never do it!  Going down a path blind is often the only way to do stuff.
Well done mate.. small part but a huge effort to get there..  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
That's unreal.. bent into shape one by one. Mike I think that if we knew the amount of work involved in making some parts we would never do it!  Going down a path blind is often the only way to do stuff.
Well done mate.. small part but a huge effort to get there..  ^^^ ^^^

I agree. At least no one else has to go down the path of reproducing this part ! Well done Mike !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
great stuff,glad these are now available. ^^^ @@* #*# $#$
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Thanks for the kind words guys - these are now available on my website:

http://www.homepin.com/horseshoe.html
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Just placed my order well done Mike my Gorgar and firepower a drop targets will work everytime for the first time in many years

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Just placed my order. New lease of life in a Flash.

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Wow . Great effort to bring this part back to the market , nice work on the package too.. Loads of Williams collectors will be very happy!
One-Ball!

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Nice work Mike, will grab a set soon for my Gorgar, not like I need to replace them yet, A small price to pay for the massive effort you put in to get that project finished  ^^^

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Well done Mike, will place my order shortly.  ^^^

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Received my order a couple of days ago. Packaging is good, came in a hard jewel style box all well wrapped in plastic and silica gel to keep moisture out. Contacts look to be well made to last as long as originals. I will fit and test them on my Flash when I get a chance.
Thanks Mike, I think they will sell well as there are a lot of Williams machines out there in need of these.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Received my order a couple of days ago. Packaging is good, came in a hard jewel style box all well wrapped in plastic and silica gel to keep moisture out. Contacts look to be well made to last as long as originals. I will fit and test them on my Flash when I get a chance.
Thanks Mike, I think they will sell well as there are a lot of Williams machines out there in need of these.

Mine arrives as well the damn packaging would cost as much as miles selling the whole lot over here.

I'm in the same boat ill fit them as soon as I get some Daniel time

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Ordered! Just got to find a couple more boards as well
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....