Author Topic: APR Update - 2014  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
APR Update - 2014
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »

I took a week off with the family in Inverloch. Imagine a week without pinball ? I'm slowly recovering. suffice to say the "first thing" I did once we pulled in the driveway was to open the garage and take a deep breath of the EMs.

Here's the APR roadmap for this year ;

Building - Just missed one in mid December. Still looking. A couple that I'll be looking at next week, but nothing concrete right now as most Real Estate Agents are returning from their holidays. So a "waiting game" until I find what I'm after. Basically a 500sqm building with container height door in my area.

Workload - Amazingly good. I'm lucky to have VERY patient customers. I've changed the way I do restorations. I can do FOUR "High End" Restorations (I call Nearly In Box), and 6-8 standard restorations and then the usual reconditioning jobs. I no longer do "home" repairs, as the quality of machines being sold into the home market in so low, I'm getting involved in the "politics" of working out the fine line between a warranty claim (from another seller) and my time on the repair. Most repairs were caused by sloppy "restoration" work, and I ended up having to take these games to my workshop. All repairs are now "in house". I'm still taking on repairs, but these need to be booked in until I move to the building.

New Arrivals - I have secured more games overseas. I'm not providing a list until they are packed, and they won't be here until the building is settled and I've moved. The storage building is currently full of games. The first container will be 80% DMD titles. The second will most likely be the remaining EMs and SS titles I could not bring in last container.

Interesting developments - There will be some awesome News for Australian Hobbyists and Restorers within the next few months. Again, I won't be releasing this info until I've moved into a building.

Once the building is secured, there will be a lot of things happening at APR. I'm just waiting for the first domino to fall !

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: APR Update - 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »

Interesting developments - There will be some awesome News for Australian Hobbyists and Restorers within the next few months. Again, I won't be releasing this info until I've moved into a building.

Once the building is secured, there will be a lot of things happening at APR. I'm just waiting for the first domino to fall !

^^^

Sounds intriguing Nino ..  btw a week off is never long enough , as you no doubt know . Probably harder to take time off when you are your own boss I guess .

Best of luck with APR for 2014 !
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
Exciting times ahead Nino don't work to hard :-) but I suppose it's not really work when you enjoy what you do :-)

Peter

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:21:38 AM »
Lots of exiting things happening there Nino and great to hear business is booming for you too.  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »

Glad you had a good break with the family - now, back to those restorations!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
More games arriving? Wood rails maybe? People will wait for the product when the quality is there.
Might have to start selling some games unrestored?  &&
Good luck with the hunt
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »
More games arriving? Wood rails maybe? People will wait for the product when the quality is there.
Might have to start selling some games unrestored?  &&
Good luck with the hunt

Woodrails - No. Although there are some in a collection which I could purchase but they are rough.

"As is" EMs - YES - on some of the titles - Not all as there are some I'm looking forward to restoring !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »
Sounds great Nino, Look forward to the announcements and the container list!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 11:02:38 AM »
Sounds great mate  ^^^