Author Topic: Sterns Mustangs Pinball Pictures  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sterns Mustangs Pinball Pictures
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 11:41:56 AM »
Im a Rolling Stones fan but I never for one minute contemplated buying a Stern Rolling Stones pin..

.. a lemon will always be... a lemon.

BTW - Gomez looks like he is about to burst into tears in the frame shown.

When I think of a MUSTANG, I immediately see classic lines.. beautiful design.. something many would aspire to. When I see this pin, I see a bloody mess

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
I won't be burning my rubber to get one (or a hole in my pocket). The donut smells can stay at the Ford dearershits.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

Gomez must love photoshop, because the playfield is a huge step back.

+ 1 - Obviously a Mustang fan seeing the artwork through rose coloured (or Mustang Red coloured??) glasses.

No different if Stern were to release a KISS pinball. It could be the worst photoshop job and KISS fans would be throwing money at Stern to get one.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »
If Ford dealers do buy one for the purposes of having it tied into their showroom, it will either be switched off and unplugged in the corner, broken and not maintained or moved into a back room out of earshot after a couple of weeks.

I think the best we can hope for is that one of the reps takes it home and introduces the rest of their family to pinball.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:12:44 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »

Gomez must love photoshop, because the playfield is a huge step back.

+ 1 - Obviously a Mustang fan seeing the artwork through rose coloured (or Mustang Red coloured??) glasses.

No different if Stern were to release a KISS pinball. It could be the worst photoshop job and KISS fans would be throwing money at Stern to get one.

Ford dealers are buying this pinball as per the "special deal" in the USA. It does not appear to be aimed at the home market. You can't bring out an awesome machine like Metallica and follow up with sub standard pin like Mustang. Mustang is a brilliant marketing ploy.

KISS fans buy anything. Not sure why you want to compare a license that Stern can't secure.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
here is a video from today of George talking about the 3 versions, the premium & LE will have additional features like ramps, the mustang on a rotating turntable etc. Premiums will celebrate the Boss Mustangs and the LE will celebrate the 50 year history of Mustang.

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
Ill still give it the hands on before I make up my mind on this one but I guess its pretty hard designing an AWSOME game that hasn't already been done?

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »
here is a video from today of George talking about the 3 versions, the premium & LE will have additional features like ramps, the mustang on a rotating turntable etc. Premiums will celebrate the Boss Mustangs and the LE will celebrate the 50 year history of Mustang.

utoplay=1&rel=0

Thanks for sharing Jady wheather you like Stern or not or the PF layout of Mustang what Stern is doing to promote pinball with this game is awesome, it's out there and I'd imagine there will be heaps of new pinball people buying a new game who would never of knew pinball was still around :-)

Peter

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 12:30:05 AM »
 Your right Pete any advertisement for pinball is a good thing.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:23 AM »
this was a quote from pinside, but thought it interesting that there is potential for the premium to have different art.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-gomez-talks-about-mustang-premium-and-le-features

"Early saturday at the car show, I went over to the Mustang pins and talked to 2 Stern employees (Andrew and someone whose name tag was flipped over and I didn't catch his name). I asked them about the premium and LE models and was told there would be a few extras. They told me there would be a 2nd ramp and the that the car will spin with targets around it to hit. I was told the premium "Boss Edition" would have different playfield art and the LE would be the same as the pro. They mentioned that the idea was being tossed around of an extra flipper or two on the premium and LE.

This was very much "off the cuff" and I had the feeling that they might have been tossing stuff out there when I mentioned I was following the Mustang on Pinside."
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:30 AM »
Still very early re the playfield art.

Only when u see it in person all tied in to the rest of the package and the cab art n light show can you really make a informed decision is my belief, with any brand of pinball, new or used etc.

They have to go a bit wild with colours like red, green n orange to get a traffic light feel, plus all different colours of cars, plus all different modes.

Who wants a basic coloured game/playfield. ?

I want something that screams modern n flashy n colourful with heaps going on. I still like it and I haven't even see n the real McCoy in person yet.
Poor non HD videos n crappy photos never do a design justice til u are standing above it yourself.
Still early days.

I am beting the Premium and LE models will get snapped up real quick by Ford Fans n Ford Management n Ford employees etc.

Good they are giving 3 models. I bet if all 3 sell really well, they will bring out a fourth model with a short limited serial number run.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »
The LE is priced about $1600 more than the Premium. On paper, the Premium looks better value especially with the unique BOSS theme. What does the extra $1600 on the LE buy?
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
I want something that screams modern n flashy n colourful with heaps going on. I still like it and I haven't even see n the real McCoy in person yet

.. We know

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
excellent.   imagine the mods n custom toppers Gav and Swinksy can sell for this title.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
I want something that screams modern n flashy n colourful with heaps going on. I still like it and I haven't even see n the real McCoy in person yet

.. We know

Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament! .......
 %.%