Author Topic: Sterns Mustangs Pinball Pictures  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: Sterns Mustangs Pinball Pictures
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 11:54:07 PM »
From what I can see thus far it does absolutely nothing for me.  I would have thought a Ford machine must be white and blue irrespective of model.  The pics thus far look like a fairly major step backwards as far as artwork goes.

How can they get some machines so right and others so horribly wrong.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »
From what I can see thus far it does absolutely nothing for me.  I would have thought a Ford machine must be white and blue irrespective of model.  The pics thus far look like a fairly major step backwards as far as artwork goes.

My guess is that every now and again they make a machine out of all the bits they've got left over... there is no colour scheme on the PF, its a mish mash of all colours in lurid tones. Yellow inserts, red throughout.. yellow car.
There isn't anything FORD about it, there isn't anything MUSTANG about it.. it could be any machine really.
Its a bits and bobs machine.. a bitser with a licence slapped on the top. Unfortunately, the licence doesn't do anything to tie it all together, in fact it does quite the opposite.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 08:18:26 AM »

My guess is that every now and again they make a machine out of all the bits they've got left over... there is no colour scheme on the PF, its a mish mash of all colours in lurid tones. Yellow inserts, red throughout.. yellow car.
There isn't anything FORD about it, there isn't anything MUSTANG about it.. it could be any machine really.
Its a bits and bobs machine.. a bitser with a licence slapped on the top. Unfortunately, the licence doesn't do anything to tie it all together, in fact it does quite the opposite.

+ 1
Busy without doing much. Let's hope the 'Boss Is In" button works.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »

Spot on I think Gav. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
Early days IMO.

Have to see the various models in person and the finished final products face to face, then play them/it if u aren't sold yet.
Some will buy without seeing/playing just because its Ford.
You just cant tell properly by looking at the pictures. Really need to see it in person, which will not be hard because AMD in Sydney always do new pinball title release parties.
I still like it because I am a FORD fan thru n thru. For every Holden fan there is a Ford fan so that will cancel it out n still some great sales to be had, espescially in USA and Europe.

I have been told std Pro pricing (less than 7K) for Australia.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Shaneus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 05:46:21 PM »
So, who here wants to buy one, get that Stern ROM editor and a paintbrush, do a total conversion to a Falcon one?!?
No, I'm not volunteering :P

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
 #@#

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/mustang-pinball-machine-/321318104903?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item4ad00d2f47

Prices will be Mustang Pro $7000

Mustang Premium $9400

Mustang Limited Edition $11000

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
I bet AMD in Sydneys prices thru Bruce will be better than those prices.

I also thought it was against the rules for any Stern Agent (in this case cashbox are only a AMD agent) to advertise pricing of any model that hasnt been released to the public and released by AMD at a release party. I just think its not wise to jump the gun and advertise a product n price for a model that hasn't even hit Australian shores as yet until AMD has set its prices and released those first, as they are the Australian imprter-AMD..

I know Gary Stern forbode such activities from any dealer doing this worldwide......

What do other people think ?

http://www.amdcoinop.com/#!pinball-machines/c17eu

not even listed on AMD - Sterns official Australian Importer and cashbox have jumped the gun................

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:10:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
Fluctuations in the AUD vs USD will certainly affect the end selling price. the sooner the RMB takes over as world currency the happier I will be.... #@#
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »
Fluctuations in the AUD vs USD will certainly affect the end selling price. the sooner the RMB takes over as world currency the happier I will be.... #@#

Numbers are too big - it will never work. You have to remember that QLDers cant cope with addition and subtraction of 1 which is why they don't understand daylight saving.
Multiply by 6 or 7?  - Far too hard my man

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »

Numbers are too big - it will never work. You have to remember that QLDers cant cope with addition and subtraction of 1 which is why they don't understand daylight saving.
Multiply by 6 or 7?  - Far too hard my man

I wish it was 6 or 7 - try 5 at the moment..... !!!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 11:11:23 AM »

The designers favorite part of the game is the "artwork"  *!@  !@#  @@^

Gomez must love photoshop, because the playfield is a huge step back. The ONLY thing going for this game is the fact that Ford dealers will be buying the game, so there's huge sales potential (to Ford reps - not pinball people).

This title falls into the Rolling Stones / Big Buck Hunter range. Shame as momentum was building with AC/DC  /  Metallica.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2014, 11:32:57 AM »
I won't make my mind up till I've played one but from what I've seen the game looks pretty average the Playfield looks very empty ond open

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »

Gomez must love photoshop, because the playfield is a huge step back.

+ 1 - Obviously a Mustang fan seeing the artwork through rose coloured (or Mustang Red coloured??) glasses.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”