Author Topic: ACDC color display  (Read 4785 times)

Offline shaneo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canbraahh
ACDC color display
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »
I knocked up a color display using Oliver's SmartDMD and Pinball Browser programs. I used an old (not too old) LCD panel and an RPI I had lying around. PMD generously provided me his image macros for LE which just needed a few shifts to work on the Pro. I upscaled 'em 16X and got rid of dots.

The camera on my tablet has not picked up the reds but made them orange. Looks much better IRL.

So, for the $25 bucks US for a licence from Oliver, I've got color on Acca and loving it. (it's also hooked up to PA speakers so it sounds cool too - and no I haven't changed any of the songs, just enabled some of the hidden Steve Richie swearing calls %.% )

Great solution if you are a tinkerer as you can customize a lot of the game in terms of display/sounds etc. Not one for the plug-and-players.

The vids are upping atm so the link will work shortly.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:00:56 AM by pinnies4me »

Offline shaneo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canbraahh
Re: ACDC color display
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »
buggered if I can get this YouTube stuff working  @@^

and

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:56:53 AM by shaneo »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:02:37 AM »
buggered if I can get this YouTube stuff working  @@^

You just need to copy the full URL, click the youtube icon, and past the link - *but* remove the "s" from "https" leaving it as "http only - the s wrecks it.

Any way, links fixed and great work!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »
Looks fantastic, great work!