Author Topic: Xpin Products - Who Wants What?  (Read 7336 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Xpin Products - Who Wants What?
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:20 AM »
LOL i was trying to arrange the very same thing with Brett 2+ years ago as he wasn't happy with Waynes performance in Aus.
I wondered myself why such a great product range wasn't being represented well here in Aus....and found out why....

Sadly the outlay to buy from brett is far too expensive for a very minimal profit margin, and in fact to discount pricing enough to be attractive to Aus buyers means you lose your margin.
I wasn't prepared to pay $350 for a unit that retails for $399, considering shipping alone negates the margin. He should be wholesaling at $200-$250 for a $399 retail item, but even worse nowadays with poor economic/pinball clilmate they'll be very hard to move.

Xpin pricing obviously becomes cheaper if you buy 100's from him, but who has $50-100k to do that as a hobby?
Sadly Brett won't budge with his pricing to potential distributors, he should just sell direct to the world and be done with it....he's shot himself in the foot too often already with his greedy business structure.

I had a spare $10k at the time, but that wasn't gonna buy me 10 complete sets of scores to get things started, it wasn't enough value for my money so i opted out.
As a hobby project, i couldn't justify that kind of risk.

The fact you're posting an "expressions of interest" post indicates to me you're already concerned about the financial risks with bringing those items into Aus....

Sorry, been there, done that :-(
MM