Aussie Pinball Forums > Circuit Board Repair Guides

Wpc 89 board Display Corruption..

(1/7) > >>

TUF-427:
Hey All got another curly one,

this time its A Wpc89 board that seems to corrupt The display,

Puts lines and artefacts on the Display.

First thouught display board but its the cpu doing it,

can transfer board into another machine and it brings the fault with it.

Anyone got any ideas on this thus far Ive changed U1-2-3 chips on board which should be the most likely suspects with no Joy..

Reseated Asic,Processor and game rom without change,got a new Asic coming will try to change that next..

Peter.

Strangeways:
Strange problems like the one described would sound like the ASIC Chip. Everything else seems to be covered - ROM, RAM, CPU and cables. Maybe look for solder splashes around the ASIC socket.

MartyJ:
I would have initially thought cables (data lines)...But problem stays with board on different cable(s)..

Just check the pins and that nothing (ie solder dag or similar) has not got caught in them.

andtan:
Hey peter,

I recently had issues with my Getaway showing vertical lines on the DMD which would flash in time with the score flashing.

For the life of me I can't remember which ribbon cable I wiggled first, as I was leaning over the playfield and had my daughter watching the screen, but it was one of the two ribbon cables on the left hand side of the DMD Controller board (J601, J602) which end up at the CPU board at J201, and J202.

In my case it appeared to be a bad connection at the DMD side. It's possible you may have issues at or before the header pins on your CPU board at (J201, or J202), as that would definitely result in the problem moving from pin to pin.

Hope that helps.

Andy

TUF-427:
Thanks for the Ideas Guys,

It did seem Like a connection problem at first,

Its on a machine I had just picked up too which Im sure it wasn't doing it when inspected and tested  !@#

Waiting for a New Asic chip to turn up From RTBB and will revisit it again.

Ive closely inspected the board for solder etc but will have another close look under that Asic socket..

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version