Author Topic: Timezone-cavil ave qld  (Read 3335 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Timezone-cavil ave qld
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
On my recent trip to qld i spent a bit of time playing the pins at timezone.As i had planned to do.
Great sellection,not.The first pin i played was WOZ.flipper not working,i managed to crash the machine and get the attention of the tech there.
His name is wesley and told him of my love for pins and about my collection.He was interested in the fact that i owned 4 ZACS,and told me he was involved in importing zacs.HMMM.I did not know zacs were imported to this country in there day.anyway i offered to fix the offending flipper for him.It was fixed by the next day using williams flipper bats so i could at least have a decent game.He expessed his concerns over the lack of cooling for the electronics.and showed me the set up.The machine crashed a few times in standby mode while i was there.Enough said about WOZ.i hope the cooling issues are addressed before there next machine or any future pc based titles,from whoever
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Re: Timezone-cavil ave qld
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
I was impressed by the ac/dc " lucy " lower playfield.It was an improvement on the original,and i hope to score one.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:25:56 PM »
I also loved the new star trek le and the metallica,however it was so bloody noisey in there i could not here the soundtracks.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »
Having said all the above,i commend timezone for at least bringing over the latest pins to australia.Hope to see more in the near future and many more. in the years to come.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
Yep, Zacs were imported to Australia when new
I can remember playing an EM (but don't remember the title)
I also remember playing Time Machine (as if you could forget that game)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Those heating issues with the WOZ must be a concern. Not the best way to make money if it crashes in standby mode.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »

snip

He was interested in the fact that i owned 4 ZACS,and told me he was involved in importing zacs.HMMM.I did not know zacs were imported to this country in there day.

snip

If he worked for LAI in the 80's, then he would have been involved in importing Zaccaria Pinballs. My father was offered the distributorship in Victoria, but knocked it back and LAI picked it up for a short time. The biggest hurdle was the lack of technical info and spare parts.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »

snip

He was interested in the fact that i owned 4 ZACS,and told me he was involved in importing zacs.HMMM.I did not know zacs were imported to this country in there day.

snip

If he worked for LAI in the 80's, then he would have been involved in importing Zaccaria Pinballs. My father was offered the distributorship in Victoria, but knocked it back and LAI picked it up for a short time. The biggest hurdle was the lack of technical info and spare parts.

Yep, back in the early 80s, Zacs most often had out of order signs on them. Shame.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Timezone-cavil ave qld
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
Does the luci look awesome on person? I'm told the pics don't do it justice :-) another WOZ down geez there having reliability issues hey. Good on TZ for having the latest and greatest sterns available making them available on location is only good for pinball and the young :-)

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
The Luci machine looks heaps better in person, really works. Looks more old school like something from the 80s or 90s

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »
The Luci machine looks heaps better in person, really works. Looks more old school like something from the 80s or 90s

Im interested to see this LUCI bird.. I like a more "pop art" look to pinball machines rather than a computer shopped photograph

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 05:56:48 PM »
Just played the Luci there today. It looks good and plays well. As does the Star Trek LE. I don't know a lot about Stern games these games hit the mark for me. The feel of the game and light shows make for an awesome experience. Unfortunately the WOZ was off when I was there. Maybe Studley67 played it too hard and broke it.  :lol  The Metallica was fun with great art work and I do like the band but the light show of the other 2 was hard to beat. 

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »
The Power Supply on WOZ crapped itself

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »

Yeah that's what I've heard can't wait to see one in person :-)

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »
Just played the Luci there today. It looks good and plays well. As does the Star Trek LE. I don't know a lot about Stern games these games hit the mark for me. The feel of the game and light shows make for an awesome experience. Unfortunately the WOZ was off when I was there. Maybe Studley67 played it too hard and broke it.  :lol  The Metallica was fun with great art work and I do like the band but the light show of the other 2 was hard to beat. 

Stern certainly kicked arse with these titles :-) it's all about theme these days to attract the newbie and pinball needs them the old blokes won't live forever lol

Peter