Author Topic: Monster Pinheadz PODcast 003  (Read 1116 times)

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
Monster Pinheadz PODcast 003
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »
Just a quick note that I've posted EP3 of the Pinheadz PODcast!

In this EP we interview SKIT B Head Designer Kevin Kulek about PREDATOR and the mysterious TITLE No.2 (which he confirms will be at a well developed stage when it's revealed to the public later this year).

I head along to my first container unload thanks to Oscar from Pinball Memories...I had a great time & tried to cover it from ever angle for those that have never done it before. If you want to skip forward - you'll find it at the 2hr mark.

In the countdown to the release of JJ's The Hobbit, we put the theory to the test that "The original is always better than the sequel" in Round 1 of our SEQUEL OFF!

PLUS we celebrate the return of Pat Lawlor, get the greatest pinball maintenance tip EVER from Stevie along with stacks of other pinball news & stories.

As always you can download or stream from STITCHER, iTUNES or PINHEADZ.com.au

STITCHER - http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rod-cuddihy/pinheadz-pinball-podcast?refid=stpr

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

PINHEADZ.com.au - http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp003-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep3-the-greatest-v-the-newest/

Hope you get a chance to take a listen.
Cheers
Rod
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Monster Pinheadz PODcast 003
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:29:46 PM »
Thanks Rod, very much looking forward to listening tomorrow.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »

Fantastic episode ! It went for over two hours, so they are getting longer and longer  #*#

I really liked the segment about the Predator Pinball. John Trudeau's contribution as a designer is finally acknowledged and I was pleased to see him mentioned. But in listing his titles, there was one glaring omission - Gottlieb "Spirit". That's his most famous and easily his best title. Would be awesome if you guys could "one day" interview him. Although it would be hard now that he is with Stern. Another table mentioned was "Q-Bert's Quest" with the strange flipper arrangement. Also designed by Trudeau.

Keep up the good work !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline BuzzMoo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »
Just finished listening, once again good stuff! I think its the variety of segments that really make it work and the "out and about" recordings keep things fresh. I'm surprised to hear about the lackluster performance of that sited Wizard of Oz. I noticed nobody at the Vice City Players meet was dying to give it a go either...it might be my relative noob status, but if they got one out here in Canberra I'd be all over it. That said, it really does appear to be the norm to sell unfinished software these days...since everything's connected to the Internet it seems like developers don't feel obliged to get it all right the first time around - patch, patch, patch!

Ready for ep 4!

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:57:02 PM »

Fantastic episode ! It went for over two hours, so they are getting longer and longer  #*#

I really liked the segment about the Predator Pinball. John Trudeau's contribution as a designer is finally acknowledged and I was pleased to see him mentioned. But in listing his titles, there was one glaring omission - Gottlieb "Spirit". That's his most famous and easily his best title. Would be awesome if you guys could "one day" interview him. Although it would be hard now that he is with Stern. Another table mentioned was "Q-Bert's Quest" with the strange flipper arrangement. Also designed by Trudeau.

Keep up the good work !

Thanks NiƱo...really appreciate the kind words mate! Trudeau would be an awesome get - never say never!
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
I finally got around to listening to the 3 podcasts so far and I really enjoyed them. The Redback tip  is a great idea and I will be sure to check next time I fire up my Card Whiz in the shed. I travel a few kilometres in my work week and love listening while driving. Keep up the good work.