Author Topic: PCB design  (Read 6160 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PCB design
« on: March 11, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »
hey I'm.just about to get some. Hands on experience at work in PCB design using Altium and SMD soldering. With a bit of luck I will also get sent.to.formal.training on both before end.of.the year.
I need to start on.some.basic circuits and I get to choose the designs.
I'm looking for suggestions of what may be relatively easy to make.but may also.be of.use by others.
So what.do ya reckon?
Z

Hopefully you get to play with Altium at work on a VERY regular basis, it can do anything, and only limited by your imagination.
There's about 10 ways to get the same end result, so don't always stick to the rules in design ;-)

My work back in the day sent me on training when it was known as Protel, i covered the Dos version (still a free download today from Altium), then upgraded to Protel95, Protel98.....then gave 'DXP' a miss coz it really sucked and almost collapsed the company, then the rebirth of Protel became Altium, and has had a billion improvements & features since the 95/98/dxp versions....

When you master the sheer basics of Altium you'll never leave it, and churning out simple pinball boards will only take minutes to generate and a whole bunch of intercative design & 3D models to confirm component placement is an absolute godsend.

Just a shame it's so damn EXPENSIVE, it kicks out the home user, except for the pirate copies ;-)