Author Topic: Am I missing something here?  (Read 289 times)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Am I missing something here?
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »
I gotta ask, who is going to pay $99 + $40 postage for this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sega-Data-East-TMNT-Pinball-Wiring-Harness-/390803271250?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item5afdb0ae52

Is there some king of special use for this?
I know people want to make a bit of money buying a junker and stripping it out for parts but what's the likelihood of somebody ever needing this harness?

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Am I missing something here?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:55:06 AM »
Im not entirely sure but think the seller might be a member here  !@#

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
Thankfully I have only ever had to part out one machine.
But I must say, the entire loom has been very very useful for parts and especially when working on games that have had a RAG (rough as guts) op repair, been able to cut wires from the spare loom, the odd switch or bits n pieces has been great.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:43:22 AM »
If the loom is in excellent condition, things like this come in handy when u are doing an entire playfield strip etc.

You could use the loom to set up the new playfield and use the old one still attached to work out exactly where everything goes on the new playfield.

Also, if u have a machine in storage and the rats chew anything, this could be handy.

I know that guys who do pinball repairs for a living, like to get hold of full looms for various manufacturers cause they make up test benchs using them. I have seen Beaky(Andy) build various test benchs and it has been very successful.
As Marty pointed out, often good to have the spare loom when fixing hacks done by overseas bodgy techs.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:46:03 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »
Thankfully I have only ever had to part out one machine.
But I must say, the entire loom has been very very useful for parts and especially when working on games that have had a RAG (rough as guts) op repair, been able to cut wires from the spare loom, the odd switch or bits n pieces has been great.

I agree but for $40 it's handy but $140 seems a bit much.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
Scrap value only... market for a TMNT loom would be about 0.0000001% of the pinball community. They are handy for stealing parts from or replacing a wire using original colour code, but that's about it. Ive been using the same WMS loom for years and still got plenty left on it.

Offline soundasleep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:39 AM »
Im not entirely sure but think the seller might be a member here  !@#

Yep, that's one of mine. You'll notice it has a "Make an Offer" next to it too. I choose $99 as bit of hunting seemed to suggest that was the "go price" for a loom, but I am aware not many people would need an item like that and there is a lot of room to move there.

The postage is also "worse case" but metric weight is a bit of a killer on this one. For items like this I usually get asked about them first, and for an eBay transaction like this I'd refund the difference on the actual postage.