Author Topic: Hello All here at Aussie Pinball  (Read 5525 times)

Offline Dimsims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
Re: Hello All here at Aussie Pinball
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
What are Star Wars and Last Action Hero like as first pins? Easy to learn?

I have heard a couple of dealers warn against Data Easts because it's harder to find replacement parts and they aren't as easy to repair. I understand that isn't too much of an issue if you have experience, but are they difficult for a newbie to repair?
I knew nothing at all about pinball before buying one, I watched a heap of you tube videos to decide which one I wanted to buy.
I had my heart set on a Star Wars machine as my first as im a massive Star Wars fan  ^^^

Star wars DE was the my very first pin, it wasn't in the best shape compared to others out there, but everything was there and the game was very playable.
Ive had it for just over 2 years now and attempting a restore on it, here is a link to that: http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12171.0

I bought my Last Action Hero only about 2 months ago, which is much better shape then the Star Wars one.
It did have a couple of issues like a few contacts need cleaning, globes needed replacing and about 4 lines on the Dot Matrix Display were out.

When buying your first, I would suggest heaps of research on the machine your looking at, just to make sure your going to be happy with it for a long time.
Have a look a couple of the same machine so you can compare against each other and have a good play.
Ask as many question as you need to on here.

Don't be scared of Data East, they have many great titles out there, I have 2 of them and will most likely be another Data East for my next.
Just buy on in the best condition you can find  *%*