Author Topic: Black Mirror Blades - who wants some ?  (Read 6235 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Black Mirror Blades - who wants some ?
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
Hi all

Due to a few enquiries recently and in need of a few myself I am thinking about getting a small run of black mirror blades made as I want to get a few sets for myself for future projects. Unlike last time there will be no cash upfront and I will probably use a local laser cutter which may bump the price up a little but save in travel time fetching and inspecting them but will still will attempt to make it much more affordable than buying from overseas.

Currently if you want a set Pinball Decals does them and it will cost you about $425 for one set which is crazy pricey.

The only difference is that sending mirror blades is via courier due to size and are a pain in the arse to pack / protect so will still use a courier but I will not be selling as a single set - rather 2 to 3 sets minimum but might offer silver mirror sets so people can get a set of silver and then a set of black to keep their costs down to make up the 2 sets. I can do both Stern (suit Sega as well) and Bally / WMS designs. At a GUESS a set of silver will be about $100 and black mirror for $175 + about $25 freight (Melbourne / Brisbane) & was about $50 to WA - BUT these are wild guesses and will try to be cheaper rather than dearer. And if you want 2 or more sets of black I will issue at least 5% discount to 10% for 3 sets of black mirror to re-turn the thanks.

pm or post your interest and then I will decide if I get a few sheets done

currently looking at getting

** 2 sheets of silver - (8 sets of Bally/WMS & 8 sets of Stern) ** - 1 set of each for me  &&

** 2 sheets of black mirror - (8 sets of Bally/WMS & 8 sets of Stern) ** - 2 sets of each for me  &&

I would consider doing a 3rd sheet of black mirror to up the quantities if enough interest.

In addition the extra bonus like last time is you will also get a matching silver or black mirror shooter lane protector - which no one else in the world offers.....

send me a pm if keen to get on the no deposit pre-order list as I will only do one run as I will be getting enough to last me a couple of years.

cheers

Jady

for those on the edge as not alot of machines around with black mirrors is that the black mirror suits themes like Tron, TAF, CFTBL and band pins etc as unlike the silver it isn't full on shiny bling but gives a classy look to the sides with that added reflection for lighting but not in your face - looks very cool. Last time el-timbo (Hot rodded Pins) got a few sets for his customers pins and they look great and as seen below. I will not be doing any Gold Mirror as took a bit to sell. Lastly the Black mirror material is pricy due to the process and it is made in the UK and then shipped to Australia hence the price difference.

edit - forgot to add - my designs now also have 3 smaller additional holes along the bottom under the screw mount holes for thumb tack / drawing pin installation (knock in with a small hammer) which reduces the damage to the cabinet and the head of the pin over hangs the edge of the bottom of the mirror blade allowing for easier removal. So therefore 3 installation options - double sided tape, drawing pins, or screws. I will supply 6 drawing pins with each set of blades.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:31:39 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: Black Mirror Blades - who wants some ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »
I can highly recommend Jady's mirror blades. I got three sets from him last time (still to use two of them  !@)) and they are great!

Put the black set on my Tron and it came up a treat, see the photo above. They are perfect if you are after something a little more suttle.....

Also see the video below to see the black blades a bit more.

And the free shooter lane protector was a great surprise as well!

I may get some off you Jady I will get back to you, need to work out what I want to do with my current (and future) machines.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:04:27 PM by Cursed »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »
cheers for sharing the photo and video, tron is a beautiful game, nice work looks very nice.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
I can highly recommend Jady's mirror blades. I got three sets from him last time (still to use two of them  !@)) and they are great!

+1. Picked up some sets from swinks when he made them last time. The gold sets look great on a blinged out TOTAN (or an IJ) and a much better price than what pinballdecals price them for plus the exorbitant shipping price from the USA.

Recommended.  ^^^