Author Topic: The Secret Room..  (Read 7693 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Secret Room..
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
Great story Nino, pity your dad didn't stash a NIB Kiss in there for you as well.

Two Kiss games were saved for me - I asked for them when I was a teenager. I don't know where the rest of the Kiss games ended up.

Wow, now that's one awesome pinball/games "bunker"!

Nino, a very moving and heartfelt story.  Thanks for sharing .... I am sure restoring these will be on a whole other level to you, given the sentimental attachment.

Maybe next time you catch up with you Dad for a coffee, your opening line might be ..... "So Dad, is there anything else you would like to tell me about any other hidden stash .....".  Maybe there's another time vault waiting for you somewhere else.

This will be the last of the games. There used to be 3-4 old boarded up shopfronts that he stored all the EM gun games and EM pinballs. There was a "Whirlybird" and "Bulldozer" that I really wanted. Some video car games are still in storage. I'll move them within the fortnight.

Ninos dad must have been built like arnie back in the day I purchased one of his home made coin op pool tables which niƱo said he used to move them by himself. 

I used 6 guys just to move the slate lol

Dad's "system" involved balancing the slate while moving it on a purpose built trolley (which you might have seen). The tables themselves were designed and built by Dad. He still has the templates and tooling to remake Billiard Tables and Soccer Tables.

Moving the table ;

The system he designed to remove the slate was with a custom built trolley jack and a short metal bar. The bar was inserted through a hole in the bottom of the table, are rested against a timber beam under the slate. The jack was raised, separating the upper part with the slate and the base. When it was high enough, he placed a roller that were wider than the base. So one side was raised and he repeated for the other side. Now the slate was on rollers and was rolled slowly off the table by using it's own weight to balance it. The stale was rotated on its side and placed on the trolley upright. Using the weight of the trolley, it could be moved to the truck. The truck had a custom built frame that was similar dimensions to the base of the table. The slate is then moved into the back of the truck with the same roller system that removed it. It was then anchored and the base was moved and placed upside down on top of another custom frame that sat on the slate. He then drove off with the table !

Thanks for all the other kind words !

I'm picking up the rest of the games on Sunday - so I'll post more pictures.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia