Author Topic: The Secret Room..  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Secret Room..
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »

The return to the "Secret Room" was highly successful and very heavy ! With the help of MartyJ and Greg, we moved the remaining bodies, four heads and some boxes of parts to the factory. This required a couple of trips, but the eventual "Haul" was much better than expected ;

What I have are four matching games ;

Cypress Gardens - Original playfield and cabinet. Plexiglass backglass
Show Time - Original (beautiful) backglass and cabinet. Original playfield with a diamond painted on to it.
Beach Time - Plastics translite. Original cabinet and playfield playfield but with painted lines
Beach Time - Original backglass (possibly copy). Original cabinet and beautiful playfield.

Now the backglass are interesting. There are several variants;

Original backglass. Often these BGs were smashed. The surviving ones were covered by "outer" tempered glass.
Plexiglass. Dad made several copies on plexiglass of each title he owned
Translite. This is a plastic copy of the plexiglass. Still good.

Pictures ;

The two "Beach Time" games. Original glass on the right. Translite on the left. Head artwork original.

Cypress Gardens and Show Time. Show Time is original, Cypress Gardens is a Plexiglass version.

The artwork is simply amazing. Dad has around 20 original backglasses in storage and also many plexiglass and translites. So hopefully, I'll be able to have 4 original backglasses soon.

Cypress Gardens lower cabinet. Playfield is AMAZING for a 60 year old game.

The cabinet has the trademark stainless steel protection. The artwork should be intact underneath.

The second Beach Time - immaculate. Just stunning artwork.

The legs and parts I'll sort out and take photos. All in all, this find is amazing and much more than I expected. The excitement surpasses any container day I've ever attended. This is a week I'll never forget.

The future of these games is that I promised a game each to two very good pinball friends. I'm keeping two to be restored with my father and they will go alongside the Miami Beach that we restored 10-15 years ago.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia