Author Topic: Homepin now shipping LICENCED Hankin cocktail tables!!  (Read 49497 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
David and I inspecting and discussing the new table at Pinfest 2014.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I'll bet David was thrilled to see the table. Great job having it ready for the public to view. There's so much junk out there at the moment and people can have the choice to buy quality units with endorsement !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I'll bet David was thrilled to see the table. Great job having it ready for the public to view. There's so much junk out there at the moment and people can have the choice to buy quality units with endorsement !

Yes, David was very pleased with it. I will quote his exact words after I had shown him through the machine:

"It is far better made than we used to do them, very neat"

Interestingly there were a few other "similar" machines for sale by another company at Pinfest and they used a standard computer screen - this stretched the picture and looked ridiculous IMO. Even the seller said to me "we couldn't get 4:3 monitors so we had to use these" - I replied that I was well aware of that and that is why we made our own monitors!

These other machines (which DID have a few good features) were on sale for $2400 whilst the genuine Hankin tables are being sold for $1750 including 2 x chrome gas strut stools, undercab lighting (that everyone raved about) and 4/8 way joystick switching. It's a no-brainer really!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

Yes, David was very pleased with it. I will quote his exact words after I had shown him through the machine:

"It is far better made than we used to do them, very neat"

Interestingly there were a few other "similar" machines for sale by another company at Pinfest and they used a standard computer screen - this stretched the picture and looked ridiculous IMO. Even the seller said to me "we couldn't get 4:3 monitors so we had to use these" - I replied that I was well aware of that and that is why we made our own monitors!

These other machines (which DID have a few good features) were on sale for $2400 whilst the genuine Hankin tables are being sold for $1750 including 2 x chrome gas strut stools, undercab lighting (that everyone raved about) and 4/8 way joystick switching. It's a no-brainer really!

Bet the other seller was glad you had a machine to display?

Offline Dann36

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:

You had your own monitors made, now ive asked this before and maybe ive missed the answer but does that mean that the monitors id and scaler firmware  support 15 and 24K Horizontal frequencies for the old games that would be fitted to a cocktail like this? Or is it limited to 31K and up?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

You had your own monitors made

No, we made our own monitors IN HOUSE!

I purchased the glass screens from LG and the driver boards from a local company. The wiring looms were made up by a small local family business and the stainless steel metalwork was all fabricated in the Homepin factory.

Assembly was also done by Homepin staff in the Homepin factory

We probably won't be offerring them for sale at the moment as, apart from our own use, I supply several companies with these for use in their products and we can't build enough of them currently.

Offline Dann36

• Forum Posts:
Ok my mistake you made them IN HOUSE

So the question still is do they support 15 and 24K?, if not can you have your  local supplier of the scaler boards change the firmware to do so?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Ok my mistake you made them IN HOUSE

So the question still is do they support 15 and 24K?, if not can you have your  local supplier of the scaler boards change the firmware to do so?

The driver boards are fully automatic sensing what input is being provided as well as sensing if the input is from the DVI or the VGA. They also "wake up" on signal input and "sleep" when the signal is missing. They sense all formats.

I don't have the capacity to make enough to sell and certainly not to ship them from Shenzhen as they are just too fragile with no casing and the packing required would make the shipping far too expensive.

As you probably already know these are simply not available. Another supplier that was at Pinfest has tables made in China and their supplier was also unable to source 4:3 monitors as they just are not made by the mainstream manufacturers any more.

If you have a need for them in Shenzhen I'm happy to discuss your requirements.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:02:00 PM by Homepin »

Offline Dann36

• Forum Posts:

Im not asking to buy  them separately, im simply trying to ascertain if they will accept 15 and 24K sync inputs, as output from nearly every game when this original design cocktail was made. I wish to buy a cabinet as soon as i can find a distributor and want  to know what it can do and what it cant. Do i have to add a scan converter to have old gameboards run or not?

"They sense all formats."
Does this mean they do accept 15 and 24K formats or is it they sense all formats 31K and above?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Im not asking to buy  them separately, im simply trying to ascertain if they will accept 15 and 24K sync inputs, as output from nearly every game when this original design cocktail was made. I wish to buy a cabinet as soon as i can find a distributor and want  to know what it can do and what it cant. Do i have to add a scan converter to have old gameboards run or not?

"They sense all formats."
Does this mean they do accept 15 and 24K formats or is it they sense all formats 31K and above?

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of every feature of the board. I know they suit our purpose and that's why I chose them out of several available to me. I didn't bother investigating features that we don't use and have no need for.

I would not suggest that you buy one as it seems you have very specific requirements and this product is not aimed at buyers like yourself.

Almost every machine will be left as is from what I am seeing of those buying.

Perhaps it would be better for you to build up your own machine?

Offline Dann36

• Forum Posts:

It will be supplied with a 60in1 board (which includes Galaga  %.%) but we are beefing up the wiring harness and also using a 16A power supply so pretty well any vertical PCB with a JAMMA connector can be plugged straight in.

You clearly do aim it at buyers like me, you do state pretty much any jamma board can be plugged in which is what i want to do ( plug my old jamma games in) clearly this is a feature you might have bothered investigating if your stating you can plug almost any jamma game in considering 99% of jamma games are 15K.
Knowing what the machine can do i would have thought would be your main requirement, if you state you can plug pretty well any jamma board in then surly you would know if the machine can actually support pretty much any jamma board.

What im asking is a very simple question, it either can or cant support the old 15K games (99% of all JAMMA games). You either dont understand the question or simply dont care to find out the answer..

So yes thank you, i will buy elsewhere

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

So yes thank you, i will buy elsewhere

Please do.

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
wouldn't you think if it plays most Jamma boards the question you ask has already been answered Dann36  

He doesnt know a certain spec but its been tested to play these boards

I guess the fact it has been tested to work with these boards gives you the answer you are seeking wouldnt it?

weather if he knows the specific or not is just a formality if the product works

regards Rich

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Mike, did you answer the question about the 60 in 1 board being used. Is it all licenced, or just a generic one from down the road ? Not that it mattered, just curious as I know you would improve anything that comes through homepin.
Bren
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Mike, did you answer the question about the 60 in 1 board being used. Is it all licenced, or just a generic one from down the road ? Not that it mattered, just curious as I know you would improve anything that comes through homepin.
Bren

It would be a nightmare to attempt to licence a XXXin1 board so I supply the tables only - a 60in1 board is thrown in free.