Author Topic: Homepin now shipping LICENCED Hankin cocktail tables!!  (Read 49450 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I've had three customers ask me about a cocktail table this week. Hurry Up !

I hope there is a run of CRT models. There's no LCD that looks half as good.

Multigame - I have a couple of converted Galaxian boards which are "multigame" - Galaxian, Moon Cresta and UFO. But they are only changed by the operator switching the game off and flicking a switch. The first "muliboard" where the player could select was Ghost Muncher / Uniwars. I wonder if Mike remembers those very cool cabinets !

I sure do - we used to make the conversions in Brisbane for many of the early 2 and 3 game "multiboards" - the very first one I remember doing was Scramble but I forget what it converted to ???? We used to double up the ROMs and wire a switch to the chip select pins - very bodgy but it worked very well.

CRTs are still a "definate maybe" but not guaranteed at this point. If I do make some they are likely to be 14/15" ???

Scramble board was a generic hardware for Super Cobra and Amigo. Not a muligame, but it was easy to create a daughterboard and hook up the Chip Select lines.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
The third die was finished a couple of days ago and I had them run off 6 samples for me - I sent 4 off to the powder coaters for our first test machine:

I also had a small screen made up so we can screen print the Hankin Logo onto the inside of the glass - again just a test for our first machine as the glass will be screen printed with the original black border for the finished products:

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
this is extremely interesting how a guy on a fairly small scale can establish a mini production-line and build in china. this is wow stuff
Ive always wondered how people can do it
it would have been a nightmare to try and do that here in Aus and probably ten times expensive on start-up costs here
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:22:10 AM by guyricho »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
this is extremely interesting how a guy on a fairly small scale can establish a mini production-line and build in china. this is wow stuff
Ive always wondered how people can do it
it would have been a nightmare to try and do that here in Aus and probably ten times expensive on start-up costs here

Mike's drive and enthusiasm is going to turn the industry upside down and back on track. So many positives !

The cocktail table project is a "given". I don't deal in video stuff (except selling the old boards), but I get asked at least once a week about "the sit down tables ! There will be a demand for these tables. The Hankin version was the best design ever.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I spent this last week scrambling to get the first sample Hankin cocktail table together for the first official Homepin factory visitor - David Hankin who visited today!

David playing a game with one of the staff:

Giving me a few pointers on some of the small things that I needed to be aware of:

All in all a pretty exciting day for me to be able to show such a respected visitor around the facility.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
good stuff,congratulations ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Well done  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great work Mike
   That's a very nice looking unit wouldn't mind having a play with that one and the table top looks unreal aswell.

Must have been a great feeling having Australia's only real manufacturer in your factory

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
That's looking great, can't wait to see more pics of it.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
That is so cool. Having the main man give you the nod on his design.
What did he think?
I had an original Hankin and I have always regreted selling it.
Heavy as, but best cocktail design ever.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

That is so cool. Having the main man give you the nod on his design.
What did he think?

He was super impressed - he even hammed it up for the camera when he saw his logo "pretending" it was a shock to him:

(yes, the finish isn't what the end product will be like - this is a hand made prototype)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Will there be a discount for TAG buyers?

^^^ &&

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
or ap members? !@)
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Thats excellent Mike. wishing you the best of luck with sales. you wont need the luck though, you've really made an excellent product. congratulations.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Excellent work Mike, looks great, when will you have the game specs available,  ^^^