Author Topic: New additiuon for the shed..  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
New additiuon for the shed..
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »
Well its not coin op but it is bloody cool!
Arrived today not working but pulled it apart and found that the fuse holder was very loose... so.. now im a TV repair man also and also have a 1970's portable SPACE TV!

..Love these things!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: New additiuon for the shed..
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »
Time to find those 6 million dollar man BETA tapes

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »
I can't remember ever seeing one of these but you are right, it looks damn cool.  Colour or B&W?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »
Black and white.. just what I grew up on. Made back in the day when manufacturers were hell bent on making TV's as small as possible... roll on 40 years and they have to make them as big as possible!

I like CRT technology.. this requires 21W to function and therefore should be given eco friendly green tick of approval!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:06 PM »
Now all you need is one of those black and white pong games to play on it

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »
Far out Gav. i havnt seen one of those since i was a kid. the one in our house was white (looked like a space helmet) well done on the find.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Marty Machine

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
Awesome score Gav, old CRT's are the best to work on and maintain forever, at least you can get to the parts and change things, unlike later TV's (before lcds) where custom chips would always blow and leave the tv written off :-(

Pity theres no more analog TV to watch on it, so you'll have to hook up a vcr/dvd or old tv tennis game as suggested ;-)

Well done.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »
Awesome score Gav, old CRT's are the best to work on and maintain forever, at least you can get to the parts and change things, unlike later TV's (before lcds) where custom chips would always blow and leave the tv written off :-(

Pity theres no more analog TV to watch on it, so you'll have to hook up a vcr/dvd or old tv tennis game as suggested ;-)

Well done.

$25 from Jaycar and you get a digital antenna that plugs into the back.. so can watch TV.. but.. I don't really watch TV, I find it too irritating, so select programmes only. An old ATARI system would be good to hook up I reckon.
When I opened her up.. its cock a block with circuitry.. not an inch of space wasted. Bloody thing rolls about as you fiddle about as you have to take the base off to open it ..LOL.
Im glad I got it working.. theres an 8 track and turntable that go with it. Turntable just tipped $560 on Ebay though so ill live without that one

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
what is the helmet worth Gav ?

would be cool to watch old black n white space/war movies on from the 50's and sixties.....wish it came colour...could be a item to reproduce for fun/games rooms.

Could be a Homepin model but about ten times the size that rotates on its base for 360 degree viewing.....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 11:17:04 PM »
what is the helmet worth Gav ?

would be cool to watch old black n white space/war movies on from the 50's and sixties.....wish it came colour...could be a item to reproduce for fun/games rooms.

Could be a Homepin model but about ten times the size that rotates on its base for 360 degree viewing.....

Dunno - you cant buy the helmet.. its a TV that was made just after the moon landing of 1969 and very shortly after the release of Stanley Kubricks 2001... space was hot stuff!!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »

Now that is really, well, retro!! Nice fit.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ssspl

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 01:15:45 AM »
Maybe that should hold the display on Mike's Thunderbirds...

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
Picking up an old ATARI 2600 on the weekend to add to this.. doesn't the ATARI have the Signetics 2650A chip inside? From memory, these and the old stand alone keyboard computers like the Commodore64 had this chip as an interface.

2600 comes with the paddles... and.. PONG! LOL.
Will buy a bundle of games from Ebay etc and keep in the shop with the TV until the shed gets extended.. more distractions.. just what I need!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
Black and white.. just what I grew up on. Made back in the day when manufacturers were hell bent on making TV's as small as possible... roll on 40 years and they have to make them as big as possible!

I like CRT technology.. this requires 21W to function and therefore should be given eco friendly green tick of approval!
great find mate, but I gotta disagree with you on environmental grounds. My 63" plasma is great. It doubles as a heater, problem is it still heats in summer  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
That's very cool Gav, I've never seen a TV like it.