Author Topic: Heads up Victorian members..  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Heads up Victorian members..
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »
Silly man
I've seen the value of bids double (or more) on the last day
Even non working and with playfield touchups I think it would have gone for over $2000 easy

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
Silly man
Even non working and with playfield touchups I think it would have gone for over $2000 easy

Defiantly, I'd expect there would have been a flurry of bidding on this game in the final minutes and seconds of this auction. I'd have loved to see what this would have gone for.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »
Silly man

Agreed.. got to have faith in the product. We all sit here for the last minute to place our bid.. can easily double in last 15 secs

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
why not just bid upfront your most reasonable price and scare the rest away.

Sniper bids from people with 0 (zero) feedback score scare sellers. I don't blame some people from pulling sales listings. However, a smart seller can write things in the product description to let people know that if he gets offered a decent amount elsewhere, he will close the sale, thus encouraging people to email a cash bid/private buy price n save fees etc.

ebay has no-one to blame but its self, selling fees on a pinny are insanity.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 11:10:26 PM »

Dumb seller. I know a collector that wanted to snipe it for $2500.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 10:21:34 AM »
Sniper bids from people with 0 (zero) feedback score scare sellers. I don't blame some people from pulling sales listings.

In your seller settings you can disallow bids automatically from zero feedback bidders and people not in your country and people with previous non-paying bidder history.. Amongst other things... They do provide tools to control who can bid on your auctions..

I don't like people who do this to be honest (was going to bid too at last minute), the fact is if they don't like ebay then don't use it, playing games like selling offline and cancelling bids a day before the end is bad form IMO, I get plenty of offline offers and always respond "it isn't fair to other bidders, if you like it please bid", those people often do bid after that, but by memory on my auctions, have never actually been the highest bidder (for mostly high end camera gear)..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:24:59 AM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
Sniper bids from people with 0 (zero) feedback score scare sellers. I don't blame some people from pulling sales listings.

In your seller settings you can disallow bids automatically from zero feedback bidders and people not in your country and people with previous non-paying bidder history.. Amongst other things... They do provide tools to control who can bid on your auctions..

I don't like people who do this to be honest (was going to bid too at last minute), the fact is if they don't like ebay then don't use it, playing games like selling offline and cancelling bids a day before the end is bad form IMO, I get plenty of offline offers and always respond "it isn't fair to other bidders, if you like it please bid", those people often do bid after that, but by memory on my auctions, have never actually been the highest bidder (for mostly high end camera gear)..

Nobody really likes ebay, they just like cheap gear (to buy) or the exposure it gets for selling.
It's got nothing to do with liking ebay at all.
Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, if someone comes around and makes a solid cash offer why wouldn't you take it?
It certainly takes the hassle out of dealing with a dreamer on ebay who might not pay or who insists paying with paypal and costing you more fees.

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Nobody really likes ebay, they just like cheap gear (to buy) or the exposure it gets for selling.
Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, if someone comes around and makes a solid cash offer why wouldn't you take it?
It certainly takes the hassle out of dealing with a dreamer on ebay who might not pay or who insists paying with paypal and costing you more fees.

So then put a buy it now up with make offers option and if someone wants to buy offline, do it... putting up an auction and then cancelling everyone's bids to sell offline is bad form IMO.. YMMV of course.. whatever ;-)
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

So then put a buy it now up with make offers option and if someone wants to buy offline, do it... putting up an auction and then cancelling everyone's bids to sell offline is bad form IMO.. YMMV of course.. whatever ;-)

Ebay - for making money not friends

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:50 PM »
lesson, as always, cash talks

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
Ebay - for making money not friends

no shit, but doesn't mean people should behave badly on purpose...

lesson, as always, cash talks

maybe, who knows? maybe they just got paranoid they wouldn't get want they wanted for it, like Strangeways said "dumb seller".. we don't know for sure..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:59:07 PM by joele »
-----

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »
Don't be too hard on the seller. Selling a pinball is a 9.8% fee to Ebay.. add the Paypal fees and its not a cheap exercise. What is cheap though is the "free to list" Ebay offers you, so its a great place to advertise but shit to sell. If you are going to pull an auction it has to be done before the last 24hrs and if price looks like its going too cheap for what you want for it then its easy to get twitchy and pull.
Don't forget that Ebay stopped Australia from having the reserve price stating that people were listing to find the value of something not to sell... its complete bullshit as Reserve Price is still available overseas.. for some reason we get a different set of rules.
Bearing that in mind I don't blame any potential Ebay seller for using the system rather than accepting it. Ebay have manipulated the whole charade to their advantage and so sellers have the right to do the same.
Personally, I have no qualms whatsoever about exploiting Ebay to my benefit. The only real reason I list stencils is not to make a sale via Ebay  but mainly for free advertising about my service. I sell very little on there.. the amount of enquiries though is another matter.
Has anyone who has ever really wanted a certain title that's listed not contacted the seller to see if a deal can be done away from the site to secure it?.. Your bloody daft if you haven't.. most people do!

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »
Has anyone who has ever really wanted a certain title that's listed not contacted the seller to see if a deal can be done away from the site to secure it?.. Your bloody daft if you haven't.. most people do!

Just to clarify

I have too on the shadow I got, but he started the listing at a price he wanted not $1, and he had no bids.. I just said "let it finish, if no one bids and you are interested contact me for an offline deal"....

I just don't like people listing low (or $1), seemingly showing a strong commitment to letting it run and then pulling out with a number of bids and I am sure lots of watchers... That's why if I list at $1 showing I am committed to the auction I let it run, if I list buy it now or list high and get no bids I am happy to take it offline...  That way only ebay is getting stuffed around not the other users...   &&

When you list stencils do you list at $1 and cancel all bids at the last minute or list at a reasonable price and wait for the contacts doing offline deals, I have ZERO problem with the later, that is ebay's problem... lol..  As you say ebay is bad enough at times, no need for the users to make it worse for other users..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:36:29 PM by joele »
-----