Author Topic: Friggin psycho Ebay member..  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Friggin psycho Ebay member..
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
So I sell the 1951 HARVEY pinball machine on Ebay a few months back.. guy pays and adds $80 to wrap and drop at the depot. He is to organise transport.  Roll on a week and ive still not heard from him so drop him a line.. his dad had a stroke etc and all is not good. Roll on again and Dad dies.. buyer not coping well.
So I sort out the EGO transport to his door and send him the link telling him to book it and pay then ill drop off at depot.. meanwhile game is sitting in my shop all wrapped to go and taking up room.

Still nothing..

So last night I send a message vai Ebay saying that the game has to go.. ill organise freight this end and pay.. he is to reimburse me the funds ( $196 to his door).
So at 11.30pm last night I get a text telling me to call him which I ignore.. im in bed with a 4am start this morning.
Then another text.. contact me now
Then another.. call me now.
So I text back to stop texting.
The then phone rings.. its him. I tell him im in bed and to stop calling.
Phone rings again
Phone rings again to which I answer and tell him to F*ck off.
Phone rings... phone rings.. phone rings.. etc etc etc. Eventually, I turn the damn thing off which includes my 4am alarm and im pretty irate and cant get back to sleep.
So this morning I turn my phone on and holey dooley! He must have been ringing for hours leaving messages which go like this:
  Im on my way..

Ring me within 10 minutes or im coming up with the boys..

F**king ring me you slut.. f**king--- shit

Ring me or ill be c in u

Ring me or the Hells angels are coming..

Call me please

Call me now or we are coming now..

Call me sleep or no sleep we will come..

We are on our way - payment in cash..

I have stopped them you have 1 chance to deliver the pinball to.. ( insert address) thank you ( smiley face)

Good ring me soon. Im not happy. Ok im coming up if you back me what I paid..

I told you to ring me..

Inbetween a lot of these are missed calls with messages that cant be converted to text. Guy lives in Canberra and Ebay name is "Gothicgirl".
Steer clear.. don't sell him anything, he is obviously not right in the head. Im just about to Paypal him his money back.. Ebay stung me $120 for the sale so im down on this now and have to relist the game.. which, is still wrapped in my shop ready to go!

Bloody fruitloop..

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Friggin psycho Ebay member..
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
I can see why his dad had a stroke, what a prik!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »
Clearly the wrong member of the family died.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
yep what a weirdo. return his money... minus the fees of course

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »
nutter alright, joys of dealing with general public online, Saying that most are ok, Seen it on ebay, looked a nice machine for its age, Pitty he gets a very good deal on the pin at auction starting at low price & you have to cop this other crapola from him,

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »
hang on.he has paid for the machine and wraping.then trys to ring you for pick up.and you dont answer?mmmmm
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
I'm sure with all the vlad laws in QLD they can even have a beer with friends I highly doupt there gunna risk going to jail because he didn't pick up a machine.  Worlds full off Em mate

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »
just should tell him to pay the transport to canberra,and all is good.or tell him you will refund the money less costs.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
just should tell him to pay the transport to canberra,and all is good.or tell him you will refund the money less costs.

What do you think ive been doing? he went berserk cos I emailed him that I would pay the transport to get the game out and HE was to reimburse me

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
the plot thickens...you forgot to mention that

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
Jez that's pretty heavy, I'd be cutting him loose quick smart. Unfortunately Ebay doesn't have a block on nutters!

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
the plot thickens...you forgot to mention that

6 lines down..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »
You did nothing wrong at all.
If u didn't take the payment via paypal u would be OK to keep the $$ as agreed in the SOLD price, keep the lot and just send the machine, but the nutter may cancel the paypal paymnt and then he keeps the machine if u send it.

rule 1. (for any newbies who don't want this same crap) NEVER never take paypal, cause its sooo easy for dodgy people to cancel pymnt n keep the goods.

As for the rest, it sounds like the texts of a drunken younger lady than a guy. just my honest opinion.
Gothicgirl name points that way as well. (Or the guy is a tranny wannabe)  People who are really staunch come themselves, they don't send othersw. First thing that told me Gothicgirl has been watching too many power ranger cartoons.lol

The pinball Industry is full of tight arses who have no honour or cred. Nothing new.
Shame you had to go thru that on a sale.  I am waiting for Mike to chirp in with his love of paypal and ebay. Such a friendly site it is these days. NOT.
Really cheapo fees as well. NOT.

Have a beer n forget.

Buyer might ring ya next week with chocolates and flowers n might want the machine again, with a four hundred dollar discount for the emotional trauma. They might want it painted black for the gothic bit too.
Looks like ya got a live one there Gav.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:55:42 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
the guys father has just passed away.!!!he is not thinking straight.have you had a civil talk with him regards transport.and costs.?does he still want the machine?or is he just making excusses to get his money back.ie less your costs in time and ..ucking around?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:49 PM »
He paid via Paypal.. but it was over 45 days ago so Ebay don't even recognise the transaction. After he paid he gave me his address and I sent him the EGO link so he could book in and pay... he never did.
I cant get my fees back as its over 45 days.. neither of us can file a dispute. Ebay charged me $120 which ill be deducting from his funds that will go back.

It is a guy.. ive spoken on the phone to him.. name is Andrew Callan.
As for Paypal? well its in my favour right now as its past the 45 days.. anyway, as soon as it hit my account, I withdrew it.. been there and know not to leave money sitting in the account now