Author Topic: What coin Opp items do you collect other than pinball?  (Read 59660 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Well i just bought my self one of these today, not this one but one the same from a friend of mine who collects them.

The thing is so tiny, the operator would need to visit to empty/fill machine often. Where do cigarettes come out from? Nice novelty and looks like build quality is good.

Virtually these gambling trade stimulators were around when gambling wasnt legal or in other states of America where gambling was heavily taxed so these were to  avoid gambling taxes in those states

These machines were illigal gambling machines that passed them selves off as gum ball machines or amusement only machines.

They were often small so bars or drug stores could move them easy if the police came looking.
some of them would have been in illegal bars during prohibition times.
The fake radio dial shown covers the slot part of the machine which was the iligal part in most states of America.
a police officer may have thought at first glance it was a art deco style radio when coming in for his coffee or donut

It didnt dispense the cigars or packs of smokes, the shop owner would have to give the winner the pack of cigs or cigars.
it only dispensed the gumball to hide its true use which was an illegal slot machine.

some of these makers of these gambling machines eventually went on to become pinball machines manufacturers  %.%
some one puts the coin in