Author Topic: Ebay auctions or not. P----d off  (Read 571 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Ebay auctions or not. P----d off
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »
If you are interested in a pin then ALWAYS contact the seller privately, very few insist on seeing the auction through to the end

Thats what i did when i bought my KISS a few years ago.. contacted the seller privately and we did a deal and he pulled it off ebay. It had no bids on it though so no one else was missing out. I ended up getting it cheaper than his ebay starting price too  *%*

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Also ban the term 'advertised elsewhere - auction may end earlier'

That is banned, you cannot advertise items listed for sale elsewhere or items you do not have (in stock so to speak)... Report the listing and it will be removed in most cases....

No need to add that note on a listing, it's just a sales ploy to encourage bidding
In the end if someone rolls up with cash they will still sell regardless of any "advertised elsewhere" note

Offline plong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Castlemaine Vic
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:06 PM »
Its all fine to say roll up with the cash and get the seller to pull the auction. What about when the machine or what ever you want to buy is for arguments sake 300 kms away and its impossible to get there for what ever reason before the auction ends. I am self employed live in central Vic and finding time short notice to drive 200 odd kms for arguments sake to look at a machine on the off chance the owner will sell to me prior to the auction ending is just not that simple. The point I am trying to make is I want that machine I will bid $1000 if I get it I can pre plan some time to go get it.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »
Fair enough point, but if Joe Bloggs does drive there or lives up the road.. its bye bye pinball. Ebay is really only there in this instance to make everyone aware that the pin is for sale. Its the same for all of us.. unless its in Brisbane or close, im in the same boat as you. Try contacting the seller through Ebay and snap it up then. If you insist on seeing it first then the first buyer that will take it no matter what gets it.
Stop looking at Ebay as a place where the world is all fair and we can all bid against each other and the seller is happy to hand over 9.8% of the winning price + Paypal fees.... its not.
It does work the other way though... when my peep show was listed I contacted the seller and asked to pay to have the auction pulled.. starting price was $280. Seller refused and wanted the listing to go right to the end. No one else bid on it and I got it for less than half I was offering.. there are 2 sides to the coin.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »
Fair enough point, but if Joe Bloggs does drive there or lives up the road.. its bye bye pinball. Ebay is really only there in this instance to make everyone aware that the pin is for sale. Its the same for all of us.. unless its in Brisbane or close, im in the same boat as you. Try contacting the seller through Ebay and snap it up then. If you insist on seeing it first then the first buyer that will take it no matter what gets it.
Stop looking at Ebay as a place where the world is all fair and we can all bid against each other and the seller is happy to hand over 9.8% of the winning price + Paypal fees.... its not.
It does work the other way though... when my peep show was listed I contacted the seller and asked to pay to have the auction pulled.. starting price was $280. Seller refused and wanted the listing to go right to the end. No one else bid on it and I got it for less than half I was offering.. there are 2 sides to the coin.
^^^