Author Topic: Help needed Bally Space Invaders. Melbourne Metro  (Read 212 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Help needed Bally Space Invaders. Melbourne Metro
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:28 PM »
Hi Guys. Need a bit of hand from some kind person willing to come and help trouble shoot Space invaders. Been a bit of a lemon since I purchased this  some time ago. Beaky did the boards so they should be fine. so connectors or some such.  @@^ @@^ !@# !@#

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Help needed Bally Space Invaders. Melbourne Metro
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »
Hi Guys. Need a bit of hand from some kind person willing to come and help trouble shoot Space invaders. Been a bit of a lemon since I purchased this  some time ago. Beaky did the boards so they should be fine. so connectors or some such.  @@^ @@^ !@# !@#

No such thing as a lemon, just misdiagnosed faults.
What are the things that are happening?
What has been done to the machine so far?

Offline benpin

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
PM Me

What the problem?

I'm in bayswater, where are you?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »
I currently don't do home repairs due to the repeat visits (parts etc), but if you can bring it to Thomastown, I'll gladly fix it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
Story for this machine is very involved, so briefly bought a machine that was allegedly up and running. Once I got it home I had to wait for a connector cable being sent down from Qld.
Once in started her up and found stuff hanging off under the playfield. lots of stuff that was just neglectful and very rushed. The earth cable for the head was curled up in a large ball in the bottom cab and not connected. yes the head was attached, things of that nature. I have solved a lot of stuff but just a bit fed up. Was even going to fly Beaky down just before xmas. Problem at the moment is probably minor. Can't get the credit line to work.. yet on switch test both are good. I think its a plug issue. need to change the plug lower left on driver board to .100 plug. (couldnt be stuffed going outside to check the number...lol) and some of the controlled lights. and a switch or 2. No the seller didnt want to know or assist. Bought from someone here unfortunately but lets not go into that. Had it nearly 12mths now and never had a full game from it. !!!