Author Topic: where did you play pinball as a kid?  (Read 6027 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
Re: where did you play pinball as a kid?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »
I remember the good ol days growing up in the outer suburbs of Perth ( late 70s early 80s). There where a few places locally like the hardware (jungle princess) fruit and veg shop (king pin and jack in the box). There was a place in Bassendean called Johnnys it was a rather large milk bar / hamburger place and I remember it having a bank of about 10 EMs along one wall and a couple of pool tables , we would go there after school or Saturday morning with  a pocket full coins and play for hours. Then one day it suddenly closed down , the owner had won a couple of hundred grand on the lottery and retired. School holidays were always a treat as we would catch the train into the city to watch a movie and play pinball in one of the many arcades. The blue pumpernickel and Strombeckers  are just two I remember. These places had Kiss ,Playboy and most of the popular Bally SS games and at the time and the places where packed. I still can hear the sound of 20 or so pinnies being played at once. Those were the days. *%*