Author Topic: Price check - TAF  (Read 326 times)

Offline bigdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
Price check - TAF
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
Wondering what a realistic price is for TAF in good condition? Something with little or no PF wear good cabinet etc. My thoughts would have it around A$5K is this correct? Or am I way off the mark?
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
Re: Price check - TAF
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »
 :tumble:

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
Hey Bigdaddy,

I believe Silverball (Dave) sold his recently and he was asking $3000.  I never played Dave's but from all reports it was exceptionally good and in great condition (small wear on PF).

I think it sold within an hour or so once listed.  My understanding is even one in bad condition still goes for $3500 + and with Daves in A1 condition was very very very very cheap.  I don't think you'd see one like that ever again.   *.*

I guess it depends on whether you are purchasing from a dealer or privately.  I would think one with no PF wear, no cabinet wear, in 100% working condition, privately would go for around $5000 - $7000 etc..  From a dealer, shopped with warranty I'm guessing $5000 upwards to $9000 - completely depending on condition.

But I don't own one so this is only a rough guide.  Quite often I'll jump on Ebay US and see roughly what they are selling for (after $ exchange) which should give you an indication only.

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
Thanks. Checked Pinpedia and most in Oz on ebay sold from 3500 to +5k. I saw that one from Silverball and it looked a bargan even though it had the mansion decal Cheers

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:01:33 PM »

They do appear on eBay from time to time above the $3500 price tag.

Dealers cost more, but the hours are put into them
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »
I sold mine around 2 years ago for $6,000. It was a nice machine but not mint. That was when the economy was a bit better too. I reckon 5K will get you a really nice one today.

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
For some reason here in the U.K.  TAF's have just started to rocket in price. The last 2 that went on ebay sold for over 2k £ that is so we would be talking around 4500 AUS dollars, Thats pretty good money.
My first TAF I paid £600 (1350 AUS$) but that was around two and a half years ago.
The last TAF that I bought around a year ago I paid £300 for, it needed a new playfield and re decaling but it was a steel at the time. Looks like those days are long gone for picking up cheap Addams here in the U.K.
I can't get my head around the prices you guy's are paying for pin's down there in OZ, if they where as much here I don't think I would have as many in my collection. I do realise that you have the transportation charge on the price but it still is a little pricey for me.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 11:13:44 AM »
Pretty much all about availability and shipping. I am guessing we have access to a smaller pool than you guys so therefore our prices are higher.

If you ship a machine in yourself you are probably looking at close to $1000.

As far as I know, all the guys who import container loads are sourcing the machines from Europe. Obviously they have to make their money back and then some so you still need to add on the shipping and associated costs to the base price. From memory that was a minimum of $500 per machine on a smaller container of 40 pins.

You could probably get $4500 for a TAF most days of the week over here if it is in decent condition.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
the last 1 that sold in nz had no mansion,it was gone!! just worn inserts  &^&, i had never seen a playfield so worn !!!
took a couple of weeks but he got $3750 for it  :D  makes mine worth $6000 lol

Offline tomdotcom

• Forum Posts:
  • Canada
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
Mine cost me 4000CANADIAN..fully restored, in near mint condition.
=-= PINS: Swords of Fury, Fish Tales, Addam's Family, Getaway HS2, DE Time Machine, World Cup Soccer 94, Skateball =-=

=-= VIDS: Zeke's Peak, Custom mame cab =-=

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
Mine cost me 4000CANADIAN..fully restored, in near mint condition.

Green with envy... %$%