Author Topic: Modifying Own Posts  (Read 8917 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Modifying Own Posts
« on: April 21, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
Why not just let the hissy-fitters leave with all their messages too? if they're gonna be like that, then their msg's aren't welcomed either, no matter what kind of informative additions they may have added to the site.

As stated above, this is also the ONLY forum i'm on that has a time limit....people come & go & hissy-fit delete their stuff few'n'far between on my other forums and it's not really a noticable problem.

On another note, besides the fact that we SHOULD all spellcheck etc, i raise another issue.....

For me personally, my old webserver had been cancelled, hence all my linked pictures no longer appear in my technical "how to" posts, so i need to edit the message (years old) to repoint to my new links/pictures, but clearly i can't do this. (this also relates to anyone that moved or deleted their online images or storage account).

The quick solution may be to re-post the topic with pics etc and ask admin to remove the older post (dead links), but then all the replies are lost too....unless admin wanna go thru the joys of topic-merging, which is ugly & time consuming at best.

MM
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:57:40 PM by Marty Machine »