Author Topic: Something different... Clocks from pinball score displays.  (Read 442 times)

Offline Finny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Australia
  • Finnys Pinnys
Something different... Clocks from pinball score displays.
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
Don't throw away those old displays that were replaced by LED units...

http://www.kosbo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=119&Itemid=97

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
They look great - I particularly like the way he has used the existing connector on the board to piggy back his driver board on - very well thought through.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Well where is he getting all the good displays to make these with?..I want some for my games because I don't want bloody LED

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Well where is he getting all the good displays to make these with?..I want some for my games because I don't want bloody LED

Buy some clocks and chuck the top board.... %.%

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

Buy some clocks and chuck the top board.... %.%

Ive actually found a box of these displays NOS.. all are coming my way!!  @@* @@*.
I think its a shame these aren't made anymore.. plasma displays last absolutely years and years and draw VERY little power.. im a fan but then im a neon man so of course im going to enjoy looking at a charged neon gas over a red light diode

Marty Machine

Same thought crossed my mind too, hope he's not using up the pinball community's 'stock'  ;-(

Nothing beats a glass-enveloped display, neon, vfd, nixie......that warm timeless look that stand above the rest.

MM

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Same thought crossed my mind too, hope he's not using up the pinball community's 'stock'  ;-(

Nothing beats a glass-enveloped display, neon, vfd, nixie......that warm timeless look that stand above the rest.

MM

People like you keep my heart warm marty.. **)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
someone,somewhere must still own the original tooling to oneday re-manufacture these. !@#
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Marty Machine

MM

People like you keep my heart warm marty.. **)
Hey, i still build valve (mono) radio's coz they're warmer and better to look at  ;-)

Marty Machine

someone,somewhere must still own the original tooling to oneday re-manufacture these. !@#
"Noritake" electronic sign-makers in japan make vfd displays of all sorts, they even take your plans and build your own custom displays, so sending them an old bally score isn't impossible ;-)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
i just passed on the last of my displays to pinnipops out west.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
 I have a few but there tucked away for a rainy day much prefer these over led displays

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
I have a few but there tucked away for a rainy day much prefer these over led displays

I can regas them.. but if cathodes are degraded theres nothing I can do!

Marty Machine

Maybe it's Homepins' next project   %$%

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Maybe it's Homepins' next project   %$%

Not in the forseeable future................. %.%

Certainly easily possible at a sensible price in PRC.