Author Topic: Pinheadz PODcast EP5! With former IFPA Oz No.1 Pinball Pete Menzel!  (Read 1172 times)

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
G'day guys...it took a little longer than usual to get us all together to tape EPISIODE 5 of the Pinheadz PODcast but it's finally up! I hope you get a chance to take a listen. Cheers - Rod

This episode the tyranny of distance doesn’t stop Aussie Pinheadz being part of the US Pinball Festival season! We’ll investigate just how good a pinball show needs to be, to warrant travelling 13,500km to attend.

Find out what our Aussie Pinhead in Texas asked Steve Richie that got him all fired up.

Who are the all time great rock bands finally getting the call up to feature in a pin?

After losing one of the industry’s greats on April 9th, we celebrate the life & games of legendary pinball designer/artist Python Angelo.

Following Rod’s amazement that someone ran a fair dinkum pinball auction on eBay…we ask the question “Do Pinheadz actually use eBay”?

Pintech Stevie’s on a hat trick of potentially lifesaving pinball safety tips, Gaz is buying EM’s he doesn’t have room (or authorisation from the missus) for and Former IFPA Australian No.1 Pete Menzel is this episode’s guest co-host.

STREAM or DOWNLOAD at:

PINHEADZ.com.au http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp005-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep5-talking-pinball-v-playing-pinball/

iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

STITCHER http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rod-cuddihy/pinheadz-pinball-podcast
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Will give it a listen early next week. Nothing better than listening to the Podcast while "working"  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
Great episode as usual. I think I really like how although you use a running sheet, the banter can go off in so many tangents. Keep up the brilliant work guys. Also having guests is an excellent idea :)

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Another great episode Rod. If I ever get a load down to Canberra I would like to call in and see you and your collection.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Another ripper of a podcast well done guys you all rock :-)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
 Yeah, it's a great listen each month. Rod's enthusiasm is engaging and I love the dry humour from the other guys. Always brings a smile to my face.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I love the podcasts but did get a little annoyed with this one where Pete, I believe, got interrupted too often and then the conversation went on a different tangent. Pete at times could only get a couple of words out to respond to a question and then got interrupted. You'll notice he tries a couple of times to get back on track himself when I think that's Rod's job even though Rod was the cause of the problem.

But that's the only criticism I have in over 5 episodes though and maybe this happened because they called in their guest earlier than planned.

Please take this as an observation and no malice intended.   ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
 :lol
Will give it a listen early next week. Nothing better than listening to the Podcast while "working"  ^^^

Thanks Nino...really appreciate you listening mate!

Great episode as usual. I think I really like how although you use a running sheet, the banter can go off in so many tangents. Keep up the brilliant work guys. Also having guests is an excellent idea :)

HAHA! Thanks McKie1...you're right we may start with some semblance of a rundown but it's all just a catalyst for conversation. Glad you enjoyed the guests this EP - Pete & his partner Chrys were EXCELLENT! It was cool to get Shane from Geelong on the phone with his Texas report...we'll definitely try & do more of this sort of stuff.

Which reminds me - an open invitation to the AUSSIEPINBALL community...if anyone has a meet/expo/anything you want to give us a 'post report' on for the show, just flick us a message - we'd love to get you on the phone for a minute or ten!

Another great episode Rod. If I ever get a load down to Canberra I would like to call in and see you and your collection.

You bet Wiked...just flick us a message when you're down this way.  ^^^

Another ripper of a podcast well done guys you all rock :-)

Too kind GORGAR 1! Thanks man.

Yeah, it's a great listen each month. Rod's enthusiasm is engaging and I love the dry humour from the other guys. Always brings a smile to my face.

Thanks Adam! Really appreciate the support.

I love the podcasts but did get a little annoyed with this one where Pete, I believe, got interrupted too often and then the conversation went on a different tangent. Pete at times could only get a couple of words out to respond to a question and then got interrupted. You'll notice he tries a couple of times to get back on track himself when I think that's Rod's job even though Rod was the cause of the problem.

But that's the only criticism I have in over 5 episodes though and maybe this happened because they called in their guest earlier than planned.

Please take this as an observation and no malice intended.   ^^^

Yeah it's funny, listening back I felt I didn't bring Gaz in enough this EP - but we're all listening with different ears. Pete was EXCELLENT, so I'd hope we'll be hearing more from him in future EPs!  ^^^

No offence taken Pinball God...I appreciate you listening this closely. Cheers Rod

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Thanks again Rod for another great episode! Pinheadz and Coast2Coast are my regular listening podcasts at the moment.

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
Thanks again Rod for another great episode! Pinheadz and Coast2Coast are my regular listening podcasts at the moment.

Thanks Solar Value...you're very kind to put us in the same company as Nate's PODcast. He is a machine with the number of shows he puts out. We'll have to ramp it up one of these days  %$%

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Thanks for your understanding and professionalism
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
another great listen, thorough enjoying, with the worst thing being I have to wait for the next one.

well done guys  ^^^

ps - checked out the Robocop photos - cool looking pin
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Just finished listening to episode 5, awesome work again guys, great range of topics, enjoyed listening to Shane's account of the Texas show, good to hear Geelong getting a mention we have a great group of guys down here, I really need to pull my finger out and organise a meet, been a long time  :lol
Keep up the great work!  ^^^