Author Topic: Sailor Jerry  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Sailor Jerry
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »
I got a phone call today... a pinball has arrived at Brisbane airport from USA.. machine doesn't work - can I help?

I gave some advice over the phone and then dropped off a handful of various fuses( thanks Mike!) to a guy and explained whats required where etc.
I then saw a picture of the machine on a guys phone.. its a rebadged GTB wedgehead to promote Sailor Jerry liquor.
All I can tell you is that its a GTB wedgehead completely rebadged.. PF artwork, backglass, cabinet etc.. the whole caboodle. Playfield has 4 bumpers in an arc
Machine was completely dead so I strongly suspect that someone has plugged a 110V game into a 240V outlet and blown the main line fuse. If the guy cant get it running tonight then I am off to the airport tomorrow afternoon to fix the old girl ( I sometimes have to go out to the airport for work and its a real pain getting security clearance).
Anyway, machine is in Brisbane for 6 weeks.. if I get to fix her then ill take pics and post... then its off to Sydney.. ACT..Melbourne etc. They are worried that things may go wrong when the machine is moved about and when it turns up in Sydney, it may not work again. I told the guy who runs the promotion that I had a network of people all round Australia that can fix her up no matter where it  is.. stay tuned AP EM mechanics!

LOL- they cut the USA power cord off and were amazed that someone could ship a fully overhauled pin with only a 2 wire power cord. Looked to me to be the original from the 60's.. all beat up with cracked and broken insulation.... they were scratching their heads how to test and tag it.. Airport refuse to let it near their sockets!

So look out for the Sailor Jerry pinball... its coming your way soon!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Sailor Jerry
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:06:26 PM »
Hello Sailor !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
Sailor Jerry sounds like someone off the Bismarck.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »
Sounds interesting and test and tag might be an issue lol