Author Topic: Creature epay  (Read 1407 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Creature epay
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »
after checking out the stargate epay I found this and was amazed that it is already up to $2.5k, Creatures must be shooting up in value  !@#
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-Pinball-Machine-by-Bally-Williams-Project-/321400083642?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item4ad4f014ba&_uhb=1
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Creature epay
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »
Wow, that's a lot for a project machine. The description spells it out so there must be acouple of people who really want this game.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
$2500 is the money you would pay for a machine that is already finished IMO.
I would take any ebay pricing/bidding figures with a grain of salt personally.
Creature has gotten alot of love this last few years, any machine that plenty of parts and full cabinet decals available has climbed in price.
But $2550 for a project is crazy money.....

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
I would take any ebay pricing/bidding figures with a grain of salt personally.
Creature has gotten alot of love this last few years, any machine that plenty of parts and full cabinet decals available has climbed in price.
But $2550 for a project is crazy money.....

Project prices seem to be a hot topic right now

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:54:40 AM »
Yeah that is silly dollars.. Add $220 for new dmd. The hologram isn't working. The pin market is a strange one. Recently a Gottlieb Circus sold for next to 3000 dollars! And the buyer needed it shipped across the country!

It really depends on who is looking at ebay at the time of your listing.
Some slip under the reader, and others skyrocket for no apparent reason.

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »
Guess some sellers have realised selling projects makes more money then selling a fully serviced and working one.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 12:15:19 PM »
The point is that pinball collectors / hobbyists are willing to pay the prices. They are the ones bidding on the games. CTFBL is fast becoming a game that is appearing on many "wanted" lists at the moment. Stargate is a cracker of a title.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »

Cannot remember these going for $2,500 restored, even before the replacement holograms/lcd screens.

A fully restored machine imo now with a nice hologram would fetch well over $3k imo

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »

Cannot remember these going for $2,500 restored, even before the replacement holograms/lcd screens.

A fully restored machine imo now with a nice hologram would fetch well over $3k imo

+1

Reconditioned start at $3500 - and that was 3-4 years ago. Now they starting to encroach on $4000. Restored - $4000 + - which is with Pinball Inc Ramps and plastic set when available.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »
Buyers are now realising what restorers have known for quite some time from first hand experience - replacement parts are a sizeable chunk of the restoration cost.

Almost $500 to replace all the ramps on a CFTBL.

$160 for a plastic set.

Hologram repro is $400.

$1000+ in primary parts to get it up to acceptable standard for a decent pinball machine restoration. Playfield resto/clearcoat and cabinet decal replacement is on top of that for a high end restore.

Seller has the right idea since he would be paying someone else to do all that work - you could pump all those $$$ into a B plus title like CFTBL and break even, or you flog it off as a project (and he has already got his money back based on the current price.)

EDIT: Just reread the listing, new DMD required add another $300.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:30:58 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »

2 yrs ago, a container came in from asia, it was full of A condition titles, mostly all B and C titles via status, but all minty,only all needing little to play except a clean, a few bulbs n rubbers.
There were apx 9 x Creatures all lined up, for $1800 each. Most sat for up to 6 months. I think they sold apx 1 per month for the 6 months.
Now its become a little over-rated and the price has jumped. Is it a 3500 to 4,000 machine, NOT in my books, and only if it had new everything incl ramps n new full cabinet decals abd was fully restored etc etc etc. I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the moment......

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 12:44:28 AM »

2 yrs ago, a container came in from asia, it was full of A condition titles, mostly all B and C titles via status, but all minty,only all needing little to play except a clean, a few bulbs n rubbers.
There were apx 9 x Creatures all lined up, for $1800 each. Most sat for up to 6 months. I think they sold apx 1 per month for the 6 months.
Now its become a little over-rated and the price has jumped. Is it a 3500 to 4,000 machine, NOT in my books, and only if it had new everything incl ramps n new full cabinet decals abd was fully restored etc etc etc. I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the moment......

WOW ! Awesome prices - Who was dealer ? Publicly advertised at those prices, they would not last very long given their current value and increased demand.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »
also on this one the wireform coming into the bowl is not right so that will be fun trying to find the correct one

I bought my project creature 2 1/2 years ago for $2.3k and apart from a flipper kit and some globes has been powering along and enjoyed but it didn't need anything to be playable. This advertised game needs alot of parts and some will not be cheap or will be hard to find.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:39:36 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
my friend was the importer, it was his tenth container. a lot of QLDers know him. He keeps himself quiet and away from the forums for which he mostly dislikes. But Creature just wasn't selling at that stage. Move forward 18 months, and things are now very different, as they will be again probably in another 18 months. The ups n downs of the pinball industry.

About the same time, another dealer up here who landed a few containers, had apx 10 x Getaway HighSpeed 2. They also sat for a long while. Now they also are moving like hotcakes. Go figure...

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
Is this the same dealer that rang me offering a BOP for $2800... just drive down for 3hrs Gav and come pick it up?.. The same one that rang my home phone and shouted at my children when they answered it because he wanted his GnR playfield before I said it would be ready?
If it is, no wonder he cant sell a machine.. he needs a slap, not hard earnt $$$'s