Author Topic: Creature epay  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Creature epay
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »
Not that I know of.
My mate has sold apx 10 containers n never had a hassle from those sales ever.
I don't know of or remember any other stuff. Best to take that stuff up with the person directly Gav.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:14 PM »
So its not your mate Martin then?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
Not that I know of.
My mate has sold apx 10 containers n never had a hassle from those sales ever.
I don't know of or remember any other stuff. Best to take that stuff up with the person directly Gav.

I cant help u out with things I have no knowledge of. Best to take it up with the person directly as suggested.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:24:45 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »
?? Now im confused as you mentioned the restore I did on the GnR playfield not long back.. never mind, I was simply asking if the dealer that couldn't sell a CFTBL at under price was martin or not, cos if it was, it explained a lot.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »
I never mentioned anything about a GNR in any post on this thread....Just Creatures and High Speed 2.  Its all good. Confusion somewhere.

In any event, any work someone gave you is irrelevant to the creatures post/thread. another story for another time with the guy directly prob best.
Its all Good.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:37:30 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 07:44:33 PM »

In any event, any work someone gave you is irrelevant to the creatures post/thread

Not if its the same dealer.. it is very relevant as it explains why he couldn't shift the pins as it has nothing to do with price at all.. it has everything to do with the person selling

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »
Creature at the time was just not a go to machine. The seller was irrelevant. Many sellers had them 2 yrs ago for around the $1800 to $2200 mark, max.

Its now gone up in price cause more people have seen one fully re-decalled and like it. Lots more mods are available for it as well. Personally, I have never liked the machine, but many others do like it right now.

That's good when a machine jumps a spot up the rankings.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »
Love the look hate the game. Mainly due to the ball being hidden a lot of the time by ramps etc. That whirlpool ramp puts me off on the right flipper. I think the big cause for the increase is the hologram mod and replacement availability. The hologram was the kicker feature for the game and people were worried about the fading hologram problem imo
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
Two years ago CFTBL was a $3500 pinball machine with a good playfield and working hologram (green). Might have to consult Wotto on this as it might have been 3 - 4 years ago when I sold my really nice example.

It has been a game very much in demand for the last 5 years and I have quite a long list of pinheads that have asked me to track a good example for them.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
Two years ago CFTBL was a $3500 pinball machine with a good playfield and working hologram (green). Might have to consult Wotto on this as it might have been 3 - 4 years ago when I sold my really nice example.

It has been a game very much in demand for the last 5 years and I have quite a long list of pinheads that have asked me to track a good example for them.

I recall looking at a few nice examples and considering them five years at $3-3.5K. Bought one for a mate for about $3K back then. Seen them dip to a little below $3K from time to time for ones with weak/non-working holograms.

Sure would have grabbed one under $2K if such were around. I can't recall these ever not being in demand?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 11:07:18 PM »
2 yrs ago in QLD, there were 5 different people bringing in private containers. QLDers do things a little different up here.

Every state has different pricing, always will, always has had.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
And who had these mystery cheap arse creechs ?
 ::)
SAME OLD SAME OLD....... :lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »
I sold a mint one for 5k about 8 years ago but that was on eBay and mine was mint with a spare NOS hologram :-) I really miss that game and the only time after work I didn't check the forums Wotto put his up for sale and I missed his :-( great price to.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »

I recall looking at a few nice examples and considering them five years at $3-3.5K. Bought one for a mate for about $3K back then. Seen them dip to a little below $3K from time to time for ones with weak/non-working holograms.

Sure would have grabbed one under $2K if such were around. I can't recall these ever not being in demand?

Has always been a title in demand. The last one I imported had a waiting list. That was in 2009. I've never seen them advertised for less than $3000 - even back then.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
I am talking 2 yrs ago in QLD, not 6 yrs ago in Melbourne. Big difference ofcourse.

I believe pinball machines, of almost every variety n type are cheaper in QLD than any other state. I believe its been this way for 5 or more years.
Why, because more private and dealer pinball containers have arrived in QLD in that time, and they have all been selling projects straight out of the container more than any other area/state. Melb sellers don't like to sell projects unless they have to. History and general selling practices have shown that. QLD container sellers have mostly sold straight out of the box, hence the pinballs being cheaper, but I also reckon the quality of the machines have been better because the QLD guys have paid more per machine and scored a better product.

but I am certain if I said the sun was shining, someone would disagree just for the hell of it to antagonise. ofcourse. %.%