Author Topic: Stern - AMD - Metallica. Big Thanks.  (Read 538 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Stern - AMD - Metallica. Big Thanks.
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:32:46 PM »
Guys,

I feel compelled to go public with some issues I had with a recent NIB - Metallica LE purchase.

The machine was NIB, had never been opened up.  This was to be my first ever NIB machine.  Upon opening the box up and setting up the machine, I noticed that there were some issues that had obviously slipped through the Stern QC cracks.  The original buyer had the machine for over 6 months so technically the machine was out of warranty and legally I really didn't have a leg to stand on to get some issues sorted out.   ^&^

I contacted Michael at AMD - as the Stern distributor, sent him details of the issues along with some pics and asked what, if anything could be done.  I can honestly say, hand on heart, that the assistance and service I got from Michael was second to none.  He went into bat for me with Stern and achieved an outcome that was more than fair and all things considered, bloody unreal.  So thankyou AMD and Michael for helping me out with something that realistically they didn't have to do.  Also thanks to Stern who in essence accepted responsibility for the issues and did their best to make me happy when again, all this was in good faith, not becuase they had to.

Now as for the game itself.  Fark me, it is a cracking machine.  I think I would almost go as far as saying that it is the best machine I have ever owned.  With another code update on the way it will only be better again.  For me personally, it has the right amount of depth and toys, great game play, some cool shots and the artwork is simply eye candy.  You don't have to be a fan of Metallica's music to appreciate and enjoy this machine, hell I think it could be playing Culture Club and it would still be a great game.

The biggest thing that this machine has done for me is getting my 10 year old playing pinball.  He has never really been interested in any of my other machines and simply does not play pinball but sits at his desk playing Minecraft.  He plays Metallica every day and typically plays several games at a time.  You have no idea how good it is for me to see him playing pinball with his little brother and sister and enjoying it at the same time.  On several occasions he has come and stood next to me whilst I have been doing something else and said, "Dad, you're up."   $#$  No other machine has ever been able to do this.  (As I type this, my daughter has just randomly walked up to Metallica and started a game.)

It isn't that often that I rant and rave about a machine but this experience has been worth mentioning.

Thanks AMD and thanks Stern.   ^^^
Addicted to pins.

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Stern - AMD - Metallica. Big Thanks.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
Can't fault the service from AMD, even not being the original purchaser.
Their after sales service is top notch. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »
I have also had dealings with AMD/ Bruce & Michael they always put the customer first nothing's ever to hard great to hear it all worked out

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
Can't fault the service from AMD, even not being the original purchaser.
Their after sales service is top notch. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

+1

AMD go over and beyond to look after their customers. They gave me the replacement tri-leds and several playfield leds 12 months after my AC/DC purchase and also threw in a couple of boxes of fuses. Bruce, Michael, Norbert and AMD Team are the best!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »
Thats a great outcome Blair.

Its good to know AMD and Stern are easy to deal with. Not many businesses would treat customers or products they sell the way they have.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
Thats a great outcome Blair.

Its good to know AMD and Stern are easy to deal with. Not many businesses would treat customers or products they sell the way they have.

Impressive support. In all honesty, the home market is what supports Stern at this stage of the game, so customer service HAS to be top notch  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »
+1.

Metallica is a cracker of a game.

+1 on AMD.  My dealings with them have been nothing short of super professional and Michael is great to deal with.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 11:56:47 PM »
Awesome stuff and great to hear... not often you get service like that these days, so good on AMD and STERN..

I need to go play this machine you all refer to as " Metallica"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Awesome stuff and great to hear... not often you get service like that these days, so good on AMD and STERN..

If it is the band theme that puts you off, then turn the music down (I am a Metallica Fan, so I would out it UP). This title is the best late Stern I've ever played. You walk away from this game and it pulls you back.

In my opinion, this is how ALL Sterns should be at this point in time. Artwork, gameplay, features and music are brilliant.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 01:39:07 AM »
I have also had dealings with AMD/ Bruce & Michael they always put the customer first nothing's ever to hard great to hear it all worked out

totally same here.

I will say also, that AMD do ask/suggest strongly to all BNIB buyers,that ALL BNIB machines sold by them, be checked over and opened up 100 percent by them/AMD cause boxes shipped n bounced around from the other side of the world can get issues in transit along the way. Taking Michaels advice for BNIB buyers is a smart move which eliminates most issues.

Good post Blair. Well done AMD and Stern.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 04:18:06 AM »

If it is the band theme that puts you off, then turn the music down (I am a Metallica Fan, so I would out it UP). This title is the best late Stern I've ever played. You walk away from this game and it pulls you back.

In my opinion, this is how ALL Sterns should be at this point in time. Artwork, gameplay, features and music are brilliant.

Agreed but like all new stern titles it took a big code update for this game to really start to shine. I am not a fan of the band at all but I like the game a lot now,it has that just one more game feel about it.
The artwork is killer.
The only thing that lets it down are some of the callouts, the fall into the lame pile big time imo and that has stopped me from buying one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:20:56 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern - AMD - Metallica. Big Thanks.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
Just heard from AA that Cashbox aren't the Vic stern dealers anymore Zax amusements have it now I just hope there as good because Leo and Jerry where very helpful to me :-)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
Yeah I was surprised to see that on the AMD website last week.  They only list Zax and Kids Just Wanna have Fun as Stern retailers.  I thought there would have been a few more than that. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
Blair, do u think u will buy some more BNIB Sterns now that u have had the first one and are enjoying it sooo much.
Theres just something special about owning a brand new game.

What u think....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »
Blair, do u think u will buy some more BNIB Sterns now that u have had the first one and are enjoying it sooo much.
Theres just something special about owning a brand new game.

What u think....

Couldn't agree more Brett it's like buying a new car :-) some guys in the USA are opening there mustang LE's and they look nice shame it's ford based lol.