Author Topic: Pinball Playfields, Backglass & Plastic.  (Read 194 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Pinball Playfields, Backglass & Plastic.
« on: May 20, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
Currently producing new playfields starting with Star Gazer. With licensing with Gottlieb LLC & Planetary Pinball for backglass production. I hope this extends to playfield production in 2015. As always very little art comes my way, so I do what I can with people. This year I will be busy with playfield production, & Dolly Parton conversions. Backglass projects are relatively easy to do. The sign shop that is doing the cnc work for playfields. Also has a laser cutter for plastics. My Backglass printer will be doing the playfields also. I will use the same CPR contractor for finish clear coats for new playfields along with restoration work.

If you have any art ready to go. Even for low demand product. Please contact me to see if we can get it done. My production methods don't require vector graphics or spot colors. So it should be a lot less time required to prepare art files for production.

Q Bert glass is going to be color matched for proper colors. This was just a initial test on slightly oversize tempered glass I had on hand.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:00:09 PM by greatwichjohn »
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: Pinball Playfields, Backglass & Plastic.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
Currently producing new playfields starting with...  I hope this extends to playfield production in 2015... This year I will be busy with playfield production
So, uhh, as usual I have absolutely no idea if you are doing production of any kind yet or are still in test mode. I don't like to nitpick, but after several years in the effort you show promising pictures which prove it can be done, but I never have any idea if you have anything actually on the market or not. As a consumer of lots of different things, I hereby testify that all I usually need is a link to where I can click a button to purchase your stuff, plus probably a couple pictures of the wares. Just those three things - link, picture and button. Lacking any one of those things, except for maybe the pictures, is a dead end.

This was just a initial test
OK, so maybe still ongoing testing going on?

If you're just stating that something interesting just happened and nothing for the market, that's fine and I'll be happy for your good day. If you are pleading for art, then that's fine too I guess but even that isn't clear to me. If you have made progress toward selling something, then that is a surprise and worthy of celebrating.

Sorry John. I don't mean to pick on you, but I guess my biggest obstacle is that it's just very difficult to decipher your writing I guess.

p.s. three of the four pictures look promising, but maybe that's just because one is a duplicate. DejaVu.  ()
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:35:33 PM by vinito »
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
Great work John,

Nice to see work on restoring old treasures,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:16:12 AM »
95% of my pinball production goes to USA, & 5% goes to the rest of the world. Backglass production has been going on for 3 years. Playfield production is now taking place. Playfield restorations for 8 years. Everything is set up here with other contractors to manufacture pinball product. I'm independent of Classic Playfield Reproductions which is huge for production & product.

My web site needs a major update later this year: www.greatpinball.com & I sell my backglass on Ebay: great_pinball_limited

World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.