Author Topic: what if this happened - would you buy a NEW BBB or KP  (Read 844 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
what if this happened - would you buy a NEW BBB or KP
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:18:22 AM »
I was listening to Coast to Coast (awesome podcast) the other day and Nate said something that got me thinking alot about. My thoughts then connected a few dots and curious if you would buy in. sorry if this was posted in another thread.

As Illinois Pinball is going through some class action it could be subject to being sold off - what if say eg Planetary bought the rights of the gear and associated rights that were IPB. From that what if PP then announced that as they would now possibly own the rights to BBB that they would start a production run with Stern's facility making BBB.

Would you like to by a rights approved BBB made by Stern?

Maybe Nate and his source are onto something here. I am interested in your thoughts, could this be the reason that a few BBB were trying to be sold off for top dollar?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:26:10 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: what if this happened - would you buy a NEW BBB
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »
adjusted the Poll,

what about a reproduction of KINGPIN, yes please
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:25:44 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Kingpin is such a great game. Would be a great shame if these are never reproduced.

Given that Stern are making MM's now for Planetary Pinball, could not see any reason why Stern couldn't become a production line for small runs of games like Kingpin. We can only hope. Just need the rights to be sold off (if they are to be) to someone that will do something with them rather than just sticking them in a drawer.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Id be wondering how much of the molding for Gene's rerun still exists?

I'd buy a BBB (if I had the money)
I don't think I would buy a Kingpin

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Neither, both would be a huge waste of money.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
KP if they finish the code
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
KP would have massive interest IMO, I'd like to say i would like to own one, Depends on price point tho, Stern/PPL bring it on i say  ^^^

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
No sure if it will happen ,
I'm very tempted to sell my BBB at that sort of money .

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Planetary Pinball just acquired all of the assets from the forced bankruptcy sale of Illinois Pinball (including the trading name Illinois Pinball Inc).

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Planetary Pinball just acquired all of the assets from the forced bankruptcy sale of Illinois Pinball (including the trading name Illinois Pinball Inc).

So that effectively puts the rights and tooling into the hands of one entity????

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

the plot thickens

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

So that effectively puts the rights and tooling into the hands of one entity????

Not the tooling. That will be a huge can of worms.

I have played Nick's BBB and I love the game. If it was under $9000, I would be more than interested.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
going by the poll KP is way infront  &&

9k Alot of people would be interested,
if they charge $15k for the remake they would get orders, some people cant help themselves, not me    *.*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I would be really interested in KP, it really appeals with a nice layout and I think I've spent more time on this game on Pinmame than any other.

If BBB gets re-done I would be happy too for the spare parts to keep mine minty into the future. I suspect that they will go the similar path they did for MM with a different style of boards (which won't appeal), so while I'd go for  KP I'm glad I have the IPB BBB with the original board set.

I'm guessing the price point would be higher than the MM remake for BBB as the bill of materials would probably be higher, but KP seems a little more "standard" and probably a similar price point to the MM remakes.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts: