Author Topic: collection pricing  (Read 2393 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
collection pricing
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:17 PM »
Have my stuff insured, but am unsure of their worth. Just read another thread concerning pricing and figured its nearly time to reinsure, so if people can give me an honest appraisal of each title will help greatly.

Revenge from mars cab 10
Star wars ep1 cab 9
Theatre of magic cab 9.7
Terminator 2 cab 8.5
Funhouse cab 8
Twilight zone cab 10
Space invaders cab 7.5
Embryon cab 7.5

Translites/backglasses 9-10
Playfields 9.5-10 except space invaders, 8.5

Thanks
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: collection pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »
Great collection you've got Rob.

Your not exactly sitting on a pile of E titles.  I won't put my prices here, but as a suggestion I would check out dealer advertised pricing and use that as a ball park figure.

You can't compare your TZ to say a roughie straight from a container.  Or even yours on vs Ebay price of a dealer.  For something like that I'd be adding dealer pricing +30%.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
For insurance purposes, the replacement prices listed all over Ebay by commercial sellers is realistically the only $ you can put against a title for insurance purposes because the accessors can and will use those commercially listed prices first as it's the only commercial pricing they can reliably use, but the real sale prices of each title will be 30 plus percent less. I don't see dealer plus 30 percent. No TZ is worth ten grand ever. Here is a classic example, two different collectors, two totally different opinions on pricing. That's normal.

The problem with pricing your list, is the price someone is prepared to pay varies dramatically per person/collector and per state.

I reckon it's best you add your own pricing per machine and see if people agree or you will get wildly differing figures.
An example, now that Nucore is no longer available, IMO Pin2000 titles have dived in price bigtime.
Others may agree or disagree but I sold my nice examples of SWEP1 and Revenge from Mars when Nucore stopped because non working Pin2000 are worth little when they break down.

What do u think your titles are worth.
Say Terminator , it's between $3000 and $3700 but unless I saw photos of any machine, I would be hard pressed to give an accurate figure. Then if it's up for sale, it depends on timing, how you sell it and how many people really want it. I can't see you losing money on anything cause your collection seems to be in good condition.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:48:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:39:43 PM »
Insurance values are often higher than true market value - & it usually pays to have items valued at arm's length (independently) if possible. I agree dealer price with adjustment for condition is a good starting point. Keep plenty of photos to verify condition. And I think your T2's likely market value is $3,500 (or more) given a recent machine I was looking at. Not sure about others but as someone said they aren't exactly E grade  *.*
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:16:11 PM »
Its always " replacement value".. so whatever it costs to replace is the lowest you value them at for insurance purposes.
If you wanted to replace immediately, then dealers prices + it is.. simple

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »
Hey Rob, I have my machines listed individually on my insurance, I based my value prices on what it would cost me to replace them at todays prices.

So I will have a go.......(please don't flame/hate me)

Revenge from mars cab 10 - $3500
Star wars ep1 cab 9 - $3500
Theatre of magic cab 9.7 - $5500 to $6000
Terminator 2 cab 8.5 - $3500 to $4000 (has got popular lately)
Funhouse cab 8 - $3500 to $4000
Twilight zone cab 10 - $5500 to $6000
Space invaders cab 7.5 - no idea
Embryon cab 7.5 - no idea

Please remember I am basing these prices on buying them all now, and not from dealers.

No offence intended on these prices, it is what I believe you would honestly pay now to replace them. I am open to criticism.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I need to see what I have them listed currently. The two that have me beat is the two ss games. No idea what to value those especially.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Thanks guys, I need to see what I have them listed currently. The two that have me beat is the two ss games. No idea what to value those especially.

Space Invaders $2500-$3000
Embryon $3500-$4000.
prices guarantee you could replace immediately

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 12:12:51 AM »
At most of those prices, the world has gone crazy.
Thank the stars I got all my buying done when the prices were easily easily less than half of those.
Makes new Sterns look cheap huh.
No wonder people are up in arms about Pinny prices.

Who is paying that sort of money ? No one I know.

Oh well. Looks like collecting 90,s DMD machines has become very non appetising.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »
Thank the stars I got all my buying done when the prices were easily easily less than half of those.

Oh well. Looks like collecting 90,s DMD machines has become very non appetising.

Remember the Op Cavemeister.. its for insurance purposes which means you could walk into a dealers business and buy straight off the line given that the insurance company never pay out the full amount.
Never seen Antiques Roadshow??.. always valued at X.. but for insurance purposes, value at XX+

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »
Very true Gav.

Some of the prices people are expecting these days are 3 times what I paid and it's insane or crazy or obscene to some of us who were buying these games at a third of the prices people are asking ! WTF ? Scratch head.

I mean $3500 for a LAH.
I got two of them and one is minty and the other is now 9 outta 10 with a little wear on the golden ticket.
I paid $1400 and $1200 for fully working machines. One needed absolutely nothing and the other just flipper kits etc.

I paid $1800 for Starship Troopers. $1800 for a mint Batman Forever.
$1800 for a Star Wars Trilogy and the list goes on for the other long list.

If I had to start collecting today, it would cost me almost one hundred grand more for the same machines. That's just friggin nuts and why I just buy new Stern Pro models because at even 7 plus grand, u are getting BNIB ! No repairs no hassles no surprises and the latest technology. Pro rata the new Sterns are not expensive. Everything 90,s DMD is just crazily over priced. Nuts !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 08:34:35 AM »
Yeh but as you have stated many times... you bought direct from containers, cash in hand to make deals and so got all your machines at a reduced rate.
What you paid and what Joe Bloggs will pay are 2 different entities.
Insurance companies will squirm every which way to avoid a payout ( most will, not all) and then only give you about 80% of what you valued them at, unless of course you have written evaluations with a current date.
Always add 1/3rd of price for insurance purposes

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »

Nothing makes new Sterns look cheap.
New Stern games are a rip off!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »
There are two types of insurances - Replacement and market value. Normal home insurances do not usually show any interest until you make a claim. You can simply place them under "contents" but you need to provide recipients or have then valued. You can go to a broker and they will find a suitable insurance company that will cover the individual games at market or replacement value. I've yet to see an insurance company pay out a claim using eBay as a guide

Revenge from mars cab 10 - $3500
Star wars ep1 cab 9 - $3300
Theatre of magic cab 9.7 - $5000 to $5500
Terminator 2 cab 8.5 - $3500 to $4000
Funhouse cab 8 - $3200 to $3800
Twilight zone cab 10 - $6000 to $6500
Space invaders cab 7.5 - $3000 to $3500
Embryon cab 7.5 - $3500 to $4000 (Very hard to replace)

Now please keep this discussion "on topic". The OP is interested in pricing on HIS games. There are other topics to discuss dealer pricing etc.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
There's a firepower now listed on ebay for just south of $4k....
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.