Author Topic: Flat screen VGA issues  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Flat screen VGA issues
« on: June 21, 2014, 02:31:26 PM »
Pulled out the CRT as the chassis was toast and fitted a flat screen to a 60 in 1 via VGA connection. First of all, I have no sounds. I can here the speaker crackle on start up but that's it.. nothing coming after that. Secondly, 60in 1 board boots fine and I can start a game, but if I press a button then it blanks out and I have to turn the screen off and on again.

History of this game is that it worked fine with CRT until the chassis crapped out and went bang... I took a chassis off another arcade game and fitted that along with its CRT screen but the yolk was shite and everything was just purple and red blotches, but.. I could hear the game playing in the background and occasionally, would get a fuzzy picture.
So, ive put a flat screen in and now have the above issue.. ive also swapped for another NIB 60 in 1 board and its still the same..

Ideas???

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Flat screen VGA issues
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
Hmmm, weird....

Is it the SAME VGA cable being used on both the CRT & Flatscreen? i wonder if the flatscreen VGA cable has a short in it or something, *IF* it's a seperate cable you're trying?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »
All sorted... VGA cable was crap and somehow id lost all the settings  for the DIP on the 60 in 1.
Kids now arguing ( insert playing) with it now

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »
YAY  #*# #*# #*#