Author Topic: Real Insurance promotion  (Read 5668 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Real Insurance promotion
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Gday all .
Just saved $354 on exact same Home and Contents policy with Real Insurance buy cancelling existing policy (due to auto renew tomorrow) and buying a new one online.
Turns out Real Insurance have a promotion running till end of July , but of course don't tell existing customers .
May help someone on here to know ?

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Real Insurance promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »
I did the same with car insurance same company same policy just online is $80 cheaper.
No discounts for past loyalty.

Marty Machine

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »
I did the same for home & car a few months ago, knocked $100+ off my current rate.....and i spent most of this week ringing/changing all my utilities to other mobs who offer 50-70% less than what i'm currently on.

Finally, iSelect compare pretty much everything, home, car, health, utilites etc, a one-stop shop....you CAN knock $500/month off your bills by changing over to better deals.

From now on, i'm ringing around (or checking iSelect) every 6 months and jumping to whoever gives me the best rate....i have absolutely NO LOYALTY to any of these scumbags who insist on charging me premium rate and choose NOT to inform me of any deals as they happen...

It pays to shop around, so i encourage everyone to jump on this ASAP if you wanna cut some BIG corners...

MM
(p.s., i'm in no way affiliated with iSelect, but i found it far easier to use 1 site, compared to ringing 50+ different companies to compare my savings rates).

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
I have been buying home, content and car insurance on line for about six years and have saved thousands over that time. It takes about 10 minutes of typing per company to get quotes but it is amazing how much difference there is out there. Now there is so much competition out there but beware of what they offer for the lower prices.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
I have been buying home, content and car insurance on line for about six years and have saved thousands over that time. It takes about 10 minutes of typing per company to get quotes but it is amazing how much difference there is out there. Now there is so much competition out there but beware of what they offer for the lower prices.

Yes I have done the same before , as well as calling existing providers who pretty much always give you a better deal if you ask .
Agree you have to be careful re what is offered for lower prices , but in this example today, its the same provider and the exact same policy , just that I bought it online as a 'new' customer . When their current promo ends next month the online price will go back up though .

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
Last time I purchased car isurance through Coles online, it was much cheaper than Budget Direct. 

Whilst filling out the Coles online application it gives you an initial quote, when you get to the box where it asks if you have had a cheaper quote, put in a figure a few dollars cheaper than what the site initially offers you and it automatically gives you another $50 off. Crazy  :D

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »
Interesting, I phoned real insurance and the min saving to my aami for two cars is $600+. Can do better if go km based option. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone claimed thru them?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Marty Machine

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
ALL insurance is 'too good to be true'....think about it, you pay $500-$1k per year for your car cover, and over 10 years you dont make any claims, so you've paid $5k to $10k for what exactly? then when you have an accident they want you to pay an extra $500-$1k excess (depending what amount you elected)....

The excess SHOULD be coming out of the $10k they've got from you....It should be like a banking system where money is held in an ongoing account until needed.

I tell ya, insurance is the biggest scam out there (2nd only to religion).....

Maybe just dont get insurance and keep $2k to $5k locked in a bank account instead, at least you can cover damages/repairs when needed.

Stoopid damn unregulated government systems  !*!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »
I had that same philosophy about health insurance until the govt made it impossible for me to not have it. Great theory but lots don't save the premium in the bank and then it comes to use it and ummmmmm. !@) 

Marty Machine

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:11 PM »
I had that same philosophy about health insurance until the govt made it impossible for me to not have it. Great theory but lots don't save the premium in the bank and then it comes to use it and ummmmmm. !@) 
It must be a disciplined account, preferably locked until needed, not a regular-access account that we'd all dig into.....i know pinny guys will only wanna spend the $3-5k when they see it in there.....discipline!!

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »
ALL insurance is 'too good to be true'....think about it, you pay $500-$1k per year for your car cover, and over 10 years you dont make any claims, so you've paid $5k to $10k for what exactly? then when you have an accident they want you to pay an extra $500-$1k excess (depending what amount you elected)....

The excess SHOULD be coming out of the $10k they've got from you....It should be like a banking system where money is held in an ongoing account until needed.

Maybe just dont get insurance and keep $2k to $5k locked in a bank account instead, at least you can cover damages/repairs when needed.

What if you write your car off, $2-$5k isn't gonna buy much of a replacement car? Similarly what if you hit another car and it's your fault, that Merc or Porsche isn't going to be cheap for you to repair or replace?

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »

What if you write your car off, $2-$5k isn't gonna buy much of a replacement car? Similarly what if you hit another car and it's your fault, that Merc or Porsche isn't going to be cheap for you to repair or replace?

Or building/property

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 11:44:53 PM »
Very true guys. Thats where the punt comes in. I'm not that lucky so I insure.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:54:25 AM »
Interesting, I phoned real insurance and the min saving to my aami for two cars is $600+. Can do better if go km based option. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone claimed thru them?

I know Real insurance are possibly the cheapest for home and contents (other than Coles ??) haven't had to make a claim through them as yet .. just starting my 2nd year of Home and contents with them .

12 months ago was with NRMA who wanted about $1800 ish at renewal time which is just ludicrous .

Was with AAMI for a few years with both House and car but they got too expensive.

Did have to make a couple of House insurance claims when with NRMA and they were great to deal with , but again their premiums are now too expensive .

H

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Found a way to halve my contents insurance; own one of these pictured. Btw want to swap this for any shot up ddstoys pinball cabinet. In fact Daniel, you got anymore buck shot we can try out on this beauty?  ^^^