Author Topic: How do you decide what stays and what goes in your collection  (Read 17007 times)

Offline onetaste

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
If I and my friends aren't playing it then it goes. Only got one like this in my collection atm.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I just can't part with them
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
No such thing as a keeper, they are just toys.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
All the ones that have gone should have stayed! Except World Cup soccer. Glad to see that one gone.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
All the ones that have gone should have stayed! Except World Cup soccer. Glad to see that one gone.
i agree substituting WCS for T2

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Rule 1.  Keep everything.

Rule 2. Only sell if a friend or a fellow member wants that machine badly & you want to share the love.

Rule 3. Buy a replacement when u can for the one you Sold

Rule 4. Buy more machines when u can so u can share the pinballs with as many people as possible.

Rule 5. Always refer to Rule 1 as much as possible.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Just make up a series of arbitrary rules that appear impressive with a cursory observation, but when placed under scrutiny have no basis in reality.

No such thing as a keeper, they are just toys.
 ^^^

Spot on.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Keep the ones with the great artwork!  You will never tire of that.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Easy - let an outsider do it.
Im happy to come down and dictate what you can keep and what im taking out for your own benefit

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay

Easy - let an outsider do it.
Im happy to come down and dictate what you can keep and what im taking out for your own benefit
^^^  great idea. Lets see how many pm you.  *.*
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Mick71

• Forum Posts:
Space also an issue for me since moving to Melbourne and have to sell as well.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
I recently sold my Tron Pro. One of the games I still played the most in the collection and now an all time favourite pinball. I thought that what I was doing was insane.

My reasons for selling? Running out of space. Newer pins getting more expensive and I was able to afford another top rated game, The Walking Dead Pro. A new game arrives and it is the one that gets played the most. Will now try and rotate games instead of hoarding....and if I ever want to buy it again, they eventually come up for sale.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
The Flash that i sold i bit over a year ago is an example of a game i bought on a whim, that i only ever played once back in the day. I DID like the game but my collecting has evolved into collecting games that i played A LOT back in the day and enjoyed so its all based on nostalgia for me.

Last June i picked up another Flash for a 'fixer upper' for $230, bargain of the century!! It was in pretty decent shape too, but as the goal soon as i found the game was to get it running, tidy it up and sell it so it wasn't kept long. I have two more project Flash's in storage, so one of those may end up in the collection  *%*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I keep adding to the collection, but getting nowhere restoring them. I recently added a Black Knight, Champion Pub and Banzai Run. Still looking for Super Score, Zodiac, Rocket Ship, Olympic Hockey - But I'm not actively looking as in time they might find me !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Top Card

• Forum Posts:
Easy for me. I bought Top Card when I was about 14 with money I made from painting houses with my dad. It was the first and I think they will probably bury me in it.
Everything else is expendable...except maybe if I find a really good Firepower, or a Close Encounters or the original Spiderman, or...