Author Topic: Beaky's pinball repairs no longer repairing boards with battery leakage damage.  (Read 4147 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I can't say I blame you - not only is it a very time consuming job there really is no 100% guarantee that you have removed every last bit of corrosion and it's just lurking in there ready to strike!!!

I guess I better get my finger out with the replacement WPC MPUs here then........ *)*
yes you better.  &&
thats another reason why i am stopping, there won't be huge difference between the price of repairing them and a new home pin board.
as far as the latter goes I haven't had one do it yet, I even clean all the vias out with a 0.8 or 1 mm drill bit (depending on the board) then fill them with solder, suck out the solder and re flow them again. But it is still possible for it to happen.

I may still do the White star boards when needed and as long as they are not to bad, they are nearly impossible to find.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)