Author Topic: Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread  (Read 29365 times)

Offline spiroagnew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »
Made the trip out to the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY with the family...it just so happened they had an exhibit called "Pinball Playfields".  Decent collection, poor execution.

FEATURE: Pinball in a Hall
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/08/16/feature-pinball-in-a-hall-the-strong-museums-pinball-playfields/

Excerpt: "The Strong Museum is a really odd place. It is one of those museums that cropped up in the seventies and eighties which takes popular (low) culture subject matter and turns it into high culture by putting it into a museum. Where else would you find a Tickle Me Elmo doll, new in box, preserved behind glass and tagged with its official manufacture date? That said, the museum prides itself on its “hands-on” activities: craft stations, dress-up areas, a small-sized play restaurant and supermarket, console gaming stations, and so forth. The problem I found, is that I had no time to enjoy the vintage toys behind glass or the interactive displays because I was too busy running after my two-and-a-half year old, making sure he was sharing and taking turns with the billion other kids that were visiting on the afternoon we were there."