Author Topic: Project Pinballs - A Warning !  (Read 13890 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Project Pinballs - A Warning !
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
Should start a poll on guessing what country this game came from. Here's a clue - The power supply was jumpered as exactly stated on the coin entrance plates.

The customer was told TWICE - "This machine was DEFINITELY imported from a Private Collection in Europe (exact country left out)". The unsuspecting customer bought his EURO adapter and plugged in the game. There was a loud bang, sparks and smoke.

Wonder why ?

Is there a possibility that the game did in fact come from a private collection in Europe, and the importer of the game just forgot to mention (or didn't know enough to realise) that despite having come from this European collection most recently, the game was previously imported to Europe from the US and had been run off a step down transformer in Europe?

Either way quite negligent if the seller was a "professional", but possibly just ignorance if it was a private "backyarder" importer.

The game was USA spec. Definitely came from the USA. The original power cable was cut out by myself. It was operated in the USA as it had USA coin acceptors.

It was simply the common issue that the importer does not know the product being sold. This is not the first time, and won't be the last !

Sadly anyone thinks they can get rich can start importing pins sadly many of them have no idea just see some quick cash.

Do your homework people !!

Not a witchhunt, but it was imported by a company that is well entrenched in the industry. The fault with them is that they don't understand the product they are selling and the (ex) customers are learning the "hard way". I have no problem working on the games, as I have worked on several games in recent times and I will continue to do so.

Raising awareness of the safety concerns is what I am pushing for. More of a regulatory body that can police this kind of activity. Imagine going to "cash converters" and buying a blender that blew up in your kitchen because it was not correctly configured ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia