Author Topic: bees wax and pinball playfields  (Read 239 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
bees wax and pinball playfields
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
I keep hearing wax the pf with a hard bees wax compound. What are the general properties of this wax? I've never seen pure bees wax but know I can buy it for under $10/kg and yet dunno if the commercial stuff has additives or not.

Can you use straight bees wax on a playfield or will this cause problems? And if so, what problems do you face?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: bees wax and pinball playfields
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
Can you use straight bees wax on a playfield or will this cause problems? And if so, what problems do you face?

Bees wax Hmmmm, not sure Rob but it sounds delicious!  *)*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »
Can use it no problems at all.. apply, allow to dry and buff off. You are probably better off using bees wax than any of the other commercially available products.. after all, the ingredient that does the waxing in these is just bees wax... they just thin it down with chemicals

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
Can use it no problems at all.. apply, allow to dry and buff off. You are probably better off using bees wax than any of the other commercially available products.. after all, the ingredient that does the waxing in these is just bees wax... they just thin it down with chemicals
thanks Gav, looks like I might go buy me some as I buy honey from these people, so might as well make it worth while pinney wise.  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline jennystack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 06:40:24 AM »
I only use that kit when I first get a used pin. It shines the playfield up real nice but is not needed after the first time. That is, if you take care of your playfield. If you use all 3 levels of that kit every time you clean your playfield, you will wear thru that clearcoat within a year I bet.